cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

Seunghee1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was trying to keep my sim card and use my own and tried putting in the number in but it only accepted 19 digits while I have 20 digits on mine. What should I do?

4 REPLIES 4

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Also SIM cards are not reusable, so if you were to go back to the carrier who issued it, you'd still need a new SIM card.

Also also, if you're porting a number from another carrier, you have to keep the old SIM in your phone until you get a confirmation text message asking if you really are porting out.

As others said, ordering a SIM from PM is your last resort. Amazon Prime is the fastest online (now on Sun afternoon saying delivery to me Wed; at 1am Sun it was saying delivery Mon if ordered in next 22 hours, so presumably the Ottawa warehouse is now OOS and they're coming from Toronto or Calgary). Or a corporate store as noted above.

@Seunghee1 wrote:

I do not have a public sim card. If I were to buy a new one then, can I still keep my phone number as it is now? 

@Seunghee1 

The quickest way to get PM SIM card is to visit a corporate Telus or Koodo store to purchase.  Amazon has prime shipping and often on sale for $5.  You can also order from Public mobile directly, but it can take 10 business days to arrive.  

If you have a eSIM compatable phone, that is another option. eSim activations are free for new customers. 

Seunghee1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I do not have a public sim card. If I were to buy a new one then, can I still keep my phone number as it is now? 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I think you need to count again. Public Mobile SIM cards are only 19 digits long.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1701027552317.png 

Chalupa_Batman_0-1701027629248.png

Need Help? Let's chat.