cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

MZ7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, so I have a pm sim card that is probably 2 yrs old that I tried to use then but bell wouldn't unlock my phone so I never switched. So I finally got a new phone and it says the SIM is already in use when I try to activate it, I tried the esim but it doesn't work on my phone. Do I need to buy a new sim card?

6 REPLIES 6

Sevcan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, you'll likely need to buy a new SIM card. Suppose your old Public Mobile SIM card was activated in the past but was never used or deactivated. In that case, it might still be associated with the previous activation, causing the "SIM already in use" error when trying to activate it with your new phone.

To resolve this issue and ensure smooth activation with your new phone, you should get a new SIM card from Public Mobile. This new SIM card will be associated with your new device and its activation process, allowing you to set up service without any conflicts. You can usually obtain a new SIM card by purchasing one from Public Mobile directly or by visiting a store that offers Public Mobile SIM cards.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Public Mobile Prepaid SIM Prepaid Phone - (Universal/SmartPhones), Packaging May Vary https://a.co/d/1Mec6wi

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MZ7  Possibly . Check  Amazon for SIM cards there on sale right now $4.99 or call around to local Telus Koodo store for availability 

MZ7

I bought the SIM card but never used it because bell couldn't unlock my phone but it must have been activated at some point in that process 

MZ7

Thank you 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MZ7  If it was activated 2 years ago and went suspended for more than 90 yes you need a new Sim . If it’s been less than 120 days since last payment on your two year old sum you just need to make payment to resumes services . By logging in and making payment . Or buy payment vouchers and load them *611

adding if this is a brand new SIM card and was never activated it should work . If it says it’s in use did you get charged ? Try SIM card in phone see what happens @MZ7 

Need Help? Let's chat.