cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card sos

kwabee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please I'm trying to transfer number from one provider to PM but can't receive  text message. And can't active PM SIM card any help please    

3 REPLIES 3

barrist
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For the SOS issue, if you're on iPhone, did you check the "Turn on this Line" option under Settings -> Cellular?

Justin21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Like BKNS27 said, have you replied "Yes" to the message confirming that  you are porting/ transferring your old number to Public Mobile? Did you receive that message? Assuming you have responded properly to the message, and assuming that you have inserted your Public mobile simcard in the phone, All you have to do is restart the phone. On the other hand if you haven't received that prompt message to port, please restart the phone that has the old sim card inside. That happened to me I was wondering why I wasnt receiving any text message to confirm porting and all I had to do was restart. In short, restart all the phones that you are using while trying to activate your PM sim. (In my case I used two)Hope this helps, speaking  from personal experience only. Anyway what steps have you taken so far?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kwabee 

Did reply with YES to the text confirming you are porting over to PM with the old SIM in your phone?

You need to do this to complete the porting process on the PM app.

If you missed replying to the text then you will be partly done. So you need to contact a CS_Agent to complete the porting.

Your old SIM should still work so once the porting is restarted…reply the text.

Agent can be contacted at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.