cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not recognized

mgal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

New account setup.  SIM card not recognized by phone. PM CS told me to try it on another unlocked phone.  I did— that phone didn’t recognize it either.  I have another new SIM card that I can try, but don’t want to have to pay again — PM has already processed the payment for the first (non-working) SIM card.  I asked the CS about this but haven’t had a response.  Should I try the new SIM and if I do, will PM credit me for the first card’s activation?

2 REPLIES 2

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mgal 

Once you are in contact with a CSA they should be replying back within 10 to 15 minutes if you are prompt with your replies. Simply ask for them to provision your sim card to your account. This is a fairly common glitch at activation. Putting your sim card in another phone just rules out a device issue for the CSA.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mgal wrote:

Hi,

New account setup.  SIM card not recognized by phone. PM CS told me to try it on another unlocked phone.  I did— that phone didn’t recognize it either.  I have another new SIM card that I can try, but don’t want to have to pay again — PM has already processed the payment for the first (non-working) SIM card.  I asked the CS about this but haven’t had a response.  Should I try the new SIM and if I do, will PM credit me for the first card’s activation?

@mgal   usually it is just SIM provisioning or faulty sim card

I would assume CS agent already re-provision the sim, but you can push and ask again

If it down to requiring a new sim card, usually PM support is really good at reimbursing the cost.  So, don't hesitate, just ask  for reimbursement  🙂

And to keep the conversation going, if you have not hear them back for 12 hours, reply on the message again for update.   To be honest, since it is new account, activation, I would even cut it down to ask them for an update every 3 hours  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.