cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not recognized

W_Zhong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After returning from Europe where I used the local SIM Card for the travel period, I tried to put in my original SIM Card. But my Apple iPhone SE (third generation) showed "No SIM" despite many attempts of shutting down and restarting. Now I can't call or receive phone calls using my phone number. Can anyone help solve this problem? Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

W_Zhong

I must add that the original problem of "SIM card not recognized" has been solved. Now I am dealing with another problem. Thank you guys for your help.

W_Zhong

Unfortunately, the problem is not solved. I have been communicating with a number of CS_Agents, who suggested all kinds of things to do, and some them overlapped with what you guys suggested. One thing, though, has been identified. My physical SIM card seemed to be damaged or desensitized, so it was discarded and replaced with an eSIM which I purchased online. But the issue of video files received from other iPhones ending up smaller and blurry still remains.

@W_Zhong go to Settings > Cellular, you should see Public Mobile sim.  Make sure it is set as Primary and "Turn on this line" is toggled on 

W_Zhong

My phone is iPhone SE (third generation). But I don't know how to see the PM sim in the sim card screen and showing enabled or turn on. I just put in the sim card the usual way and turn the phone on.

W_Zhong

Thanks, I have sent a private message.

hi @W_Zhong what phone you have?? Android or iPhone??

make sure you see the PM sim in the sim card screen and showing enabled or Turn on

@W_Zhong did you put in the PM sim properly?  take it out and check 

and if you have another phone around, test the PM sim on the other phonebas well 

if same, please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there 

W_Zhong

I have followed your suggestion and the travel sim was removed, although there is no VPN profile there-nothing to delete. I did the Reset All Network, shut the phone, put in my sim and rebooted. But the result is the same: No Sim.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@W_Zhong if you used a travel sim, remove it (if it is a travel esim, disable it or delete it)

and go to Connection > VPN and delete all VPN profiles there 

Reboot and test.  You might need to also click Reset All Networks or Reset Network Settings after all these changes 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @W_Zhong 

try Reset All networks 

and test the sim in another phone 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @W_Zhong 

Take out the SIM card, go into network settings and reset all networks. Then shut down. Then insert SIM card back in and reboot.

Settings - General - Scroll down to Transfer or Reset iPhone - Click on Reset - Reset Network Settings..

Need Help? Let's chat.