cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card line in Toronto

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just saw this on reddit.  Thought you might enjoy it.

a4302cpuneyx.jpg

24 REPLIES 24

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I went over to the Telus building, guy with cape was still there. Didn't go up though, had to go back for my train. Probably out already.

MrDisco
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same q as above. Is there still stock at Toronto?

Anyone know if there are any left in TO.  Saw the Post about Vancouver being sold out.  I wonder about the other markets anyone have info on them

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@dhanadhan wrote:

Wow, this also shows how many wait for the last second. 

Fairly common

People try waiting to last second to buy a house (yes crazy in this market) so I am not surprised they read about cell plan and just think about it

riversday
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow this is really exciting for you Public Mobile! I hope you can keep up with the new registrations.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai true!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

firstdataplan
Very excited to see that

@srlawren wrote:

@NDesai in fairness, some may have only just heard about the promo, as not everyone frequents the channels where it's been talked about regularly.  But yes, I'm sure many did procrastinate.  Some may have been trying to wait out their current month or conract with their carrier, which is unfortunate.

Or some might want to donate 🙂

srlawren

@NDesai in fairness, some may have only just heard about the promo, as not everyone frequents the channels where it's been talked about regularly.  But yes, I'm sure many did procrastinate.  Some may have been trying to wait out their current month or conract with their carrier, which is unfortunate.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Wow, this also shows how many wait for the last second. 

ToniCipriani

@kav2001c wrote:

@ToniCipriani I don't think so. Public is not even the cheapest. We just support them because best value for money.

That's why I said "reasonable" not "cheap". The normal going rate if you walk into a store, $75 for 4GB a month, is hardly considered reasonable.

srlawren
@kav2001c tomorrow I will be even further away in suburbia where I live. Dang. I'd try to pop over at lunch today but my company is having it's 2 year anniversary party at lunch so that's out.

@ToniCipriani I don't think so. Public is not even the cheapest. We just support them because best value for money.

jimmyche

Please post a photo of the cape.

@srlawren it is tomorrow too, be interesting get pics of each queue

Selfy with the superheros too! Cat Surprised

ToniCipriani

@McLaren wrote:

Shows the enthusiasm for cheap cellphone plans

Or just simply how messed up carrier plans in Canada are, people have to line up like this for a reasonable plan.

srlawren
Wow that's impressive! I wish I was at my current client's site today, which is quite near the Vancouver location for pick up, but alas km at my employer's office in Yaletown and probably can't make it over to witness the enthusiasm in person. Wish it had been yesterday! 🙂

@hummuschips no picture of the Public superhero yet? I want to see the orange caped crusaders!

outdoorsaddix

Reddit link?

Wow, I'm impressed!

Does the same thing happen in Montreal?

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Shows the enthusiasm for cheap cellphone plans

JulesTop

Wow, that line alone is probably better advertising than just forum posts!!

Impressive, and awesome to see!

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

I MAY (keyword is MAY) have a SIM card being delivered today in Toronto. If i do get it, It will mean i have one extra SIM card if anyone wants it. I'll post an update here around 5:30pm if it comes in!

Need Help? Let's chat.