cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card issues

Chandra_lumina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Several times a week my messages are unable to send, then I either have to search for my network through settings via WiFi or eject my SIM card then re-insert it. 

9 REPLIES 9

@Tsawwassen- imessage is using the old school instant messaging method that needs the internet. That can be either wifi or cell data. So poor reception can affect that as well when on cell data.

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Of-course I do have SMS MMS enabled - but what puzzles me me is that sms/mms texts are sometimes much delayed while iMessages seem to be delivered immediately - It could not be poor reception because iMessage does need PM data reception.

@Tsawwassen- Which would exclude anybody with an Android. Just what Apple would love to hear. Surely you have the send as sms and send as mms options turned on. And hey, then it doesn't take data.

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Common problem - I gave up on using SMS and MMS - I just use iMessage that takes very little data.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Chandra_lumina 

cases like this usually is a device issue and not sim.  Borrow a phone from friend for a week and confirm if you experience the same

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It could be your phone is giving up.

Remove SIM, try to clean (blow dry air) over phone's SIM compartment, clean SIM contacts.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Chandra_lumina 

Is your talk and data working properly?

What model phone are you using? 

iMessage with iphones needs data or Wifi connection to send iMessages

If android, if you are using RCS messaging, also need data or Wifi.  

You can also try network reset of phone to see whether that makes a different. This will erase saved Wifi setting passwords. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Chandra_lumina , SIM cards are almost never the problem with connectivity.  It could be the phone, maybe the local network.  Try using the SIM card in a different device as suggested.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Does this happen in all areas, or certain areas, @Chandra_lumina 

Could be reception-based, or SIM card issues.

Can you try the SIM card in different device for awhile to test?   While you're at it, try the other device's SIM card in your device.   These help pinpoint whether device or SIM/account issues....

You can also ask the Customer Support agents to reprovision the account to see if that helps

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.