cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM can't find public mobile network

Chrisflloyd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just signed up both me and my wife. My number ported fine and works. Her's has not been able to connect, tried 3 new PM SIM cards, same problem, tried a new p phone number, same problem.

It's not the phone, my SIM works in her phone. Her SIM won't work in my phone. Tried starting a new SIM card on my phone, same problem. Can't find network. My SIM, still fine.

Help?

3 REPLIES 3

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Chrisflloyd wrote:

Just signed up both me and my wife. My number ported fine and works. Her's has not been able to connect, tried 3 new PM SIM cards, same problem, tried a new p phone number, same problem.

It's not the phone, my SIM works in her phone. Her SIM won't work in my phone. Tried starting a new SIM card on my phone, same problem. Can't find network. My SIM, still fine.

Help?

When you activated her SIM card, did you fill her SIM card number correctly? I’m not sure PM will test the number is correct when you fill in. I think you should sent private message to moderator team giving them more details. Waiting time probably couple hours to 2 days.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Alex888 wrote:
@ChrisflloydMake sure that her self-serve account says that it's Active. Then check the phone network settings and make sure it's connected to one that says either Public Mobile or Telus. And check the APN settings, they should look like this:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F
Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

Android
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Iphone
Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
OR
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.

@Alex888 Please remember that APN settings aren't needed to connect to the network.  Without a valid cellular connection, a customer would not be even able to test the settings' correctness, regardless.  In addition, the other Public Mobile sim cards are fine in the device in question.

This is an account issue, one which possibly needs a moderator to correct.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Chrisflloyd Make sure that her self-serve account says that it's Active. Then check the phone network settings and make sure it's connected to one that says either Public Mobile or Telus. And check the APN settings, they should look like this:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F
Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

Android
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Iphone
Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
OR
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.
Need Help? Let's chat.