cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM activation won't work

rjtomkinson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have tried to activate my new SIM and I get as far as payment and cannot proceed. I have tried three different credit/debit cards all with the same result. There is nothing wrong with my credit/debit accounts.

What should I do?

6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rjtomkinson  Use a computer. I've had best results using Chrome with cookies and JavaScript enabled.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@rjtomkinson wrote:

I have tried to activate my new SIM and I get as far as payment and cannot proceed. I have tried three different credit/debit cards all with the same result. There is nothing wrong with my credit/debit accounts.

What should I do?

@rjtomkinsonif nothing helped, ask for moderator's support: click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions. OR send a message to the moderators though this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@rjtomkinson 

First check to make sure that your credit card was not charged.  If charged, put in the PM Sim card into your phone to see whether the activation was successful. 

If not charged, you can try again. Might want to wait one hour.  Or you could clear cache, try a different web browser or incognito mode. Chrome incognito mode works well with this website.

derksen_13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you wait for a long time, it took a good 2 or 3 minutes for mine to go through, the webpage appeared to not be doing anything no load bar, but I just left it. Eventually it refreshed and went through.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rjtomkinson wrote:

What should I do?

If you have an apartment number, you can enter it along with your civic number.

So instead of 333 Principal Road #12, enter it as 12-333 Principal Road.

Remember if you try too many times, your card will be locked and you will need to get moderator help.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@rjtomkinson PM only takes VISA, MC, AmEx and Visa Debit with Canada and US addresses. I'm sure yours fits in these parameters.

Your address must match the billing address of the credit card exactly. Don't use the Apt. #/Unit # field. Use a 6 character postal code (X1X1X1), no space. Don't use special characters like # or &.

Need Help? Let's chat.