cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM activated but no service

Sidharth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear team

I have activated my SIM online yet it shows no service even after 24hrs. I have checked my phone comparability. That was also ok. Kindly advise.

15 REPLIES 15

@Sidharth wrote:

Thank you. I dialed as suggested. It is on pc mobile network. Shows voice call status as idle. Data is on LTE.

@Sidharth What does it show under Voice Service: ? It should show In Service  Also try switching to 3G to see if it fixes your call issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sidharth- If you have sent a private message to moderators already, you will simply have to wait a little bit.  They seem to be rather busy lately.  Might take a couple of days from when the message was sent.

Sidharth

It is public mobile network. Sorry my mistake. So far text and data is ok. Still nothing on calls. I had sent a note to the moderators as suggested the same day. Still waiting for a solution

@Sidharth wrote:

Thank you. I dialed as suggested. It is on pc mobile network. Shows voice call status as idle. Data is on LTE.

@SidharthYou mean Public Mobile network correct? If it's on PC Mobile you got the wrong sim in your phone. Are you porting your number from another provider?

Sidharth

Sidharth

Hi all.

Thank you for the prompt response. I sent a note to moderators. Now I am able to text and use data. But calls still remain a problem. I put the SIM in the other slot. So far so good. Still need a solution for calls

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, Did you try the SIM in the other SIM Slot? 

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Maybe your port is not complete. just send a message to 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

someone will reply within few hours up to 48 hours.

@Sidharth wrote:

The account shows active. I used the imea number on my phone to check compatibility. It's a dual SIM Redmi 4. I have got network now on changing the APN settings. But no calls, messages or data

The APN is for data only.  The talk and text functions will work even with wrong or no APN.  Can you go to SIM status tab in the settings and report back on what you see there.  

@Sidharth wrote:

Thank you. I adjusted the APN settings as suggested elsewhere in the community. Now I am getting a signal and it shows public mobile network. But I am unable to make calls, message or use the data. Any ideas?

Are you porting your number from another provider? You still need to contact the moderators because you should still be able to make calls if you are connecting to the PM network.

Dial *#*#4636#*#* on your phone under Phone Information does it show Public Mobile as the current network?

Edit: The Redmi 4 does not support LTE on PM but 3G is ok. Also did you try both sim slots.?

Sidharth

The account shows active. I used the imea number on my phone to check compatibility. It's a dual SIM Redmi 4. I have got network now on changing the APN settings. But no calls, messages or data

Sidharth

Thank you. I adjusted the APN settings as suggested elsewhere in the community. Now I am getting a signal and it shows public mobile network. But I am unable to make calls, message or use the data. Any ideas?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sidharth wrote:

Dear team

I have activated my SIM online yet it shows no service even after 24hrs. I have checked my phone comparability. That was also ok. Kindly advise.

@SidharthIf the phone was activated then you should be able to connect to the Public Mobile network. The fact that you can't suggests that something is wrong with the activation of your account.

The best thing to do is to let Public Mobile know that here is a problem. 

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing no service  the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

In the meantime try the following:

• Power down your phone remove SIM wait a couple of minutes reinsert sim and power up your phone.
  • Try to see if you can do the online activation again 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sidharth- When you log into your self serve portal, does it show that your plan is active?  Also, how/where did you check your phone's compatibility?  What exact model is it?

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Sidharth wrote:

Dear team

Is your phone unlocked? Make sure your phone is unlocked.

Can you make phone call, send text and receive phone call and text?

Need Help? Let's chat.