cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Order Number.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I recently ordered a Public Mobile SIM Card directly on the App through the 'Shop SIM Card' Section. It said it would take two business days to arrive when ordering it so I haven't yet received it since it's the weekend. 

I'm just wondering why i never got an email informing me of a Physical SIM Card Purchase with an Order Number? I see it in my Purchase History and it's been deducted from my Available Funds but also no indication of an order number there?

Screenshot_20230812_235459_DuckDuckGo.jpg

After Purchasing a SIM Card, everytime I log into my Public Mobile Account it asks me if I want to 'Update SIM Card Number', when I want to keep my current e-SIM Active and just use the SIM on another new Account. Once the SIM arrives, will there be an issue if I don't update it on the My Account or can I just keep using e-SIM without an issue?

Screenshot_20230812_235901_DuckDuckGo.jpg

When I tap on 'Change SIM Card Number' it brings me to the screen where I'd type in the new SIM Card Number. 

So it clearly doesn't automatically fill in with the New SIM Card I ordered meaning it isn't in anyway tied to My Account it just knows I've ordered one on My Account.

If I don't update my SIM Card to the one I ordered on My Account, how long until this 'Change SIM Card Number' reminder dissapears?

Screenshot_20230813_000740_DuckDuckGo.jpg

'Buy a Physical SIM Card or Activate e-SIM'

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/purchase-sim

6 REPLIES 6

Priority

👍👍 Thank you!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Priority 

I think that the wording for the SIM card order via App is wrong.  The SIM card will usually ship within 2 business days, but can take up to 10 business days to arrive.  According to help article, if not receive within 10 business days, then contact customer service agent.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

I will let PM know about the wording on the app.  Not sure about the email confirmation of the order.  Maybe since you ordered via app and it shows on the app, PM will not send email.  Again, I will clarify with PM. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Priority 

It's YMMV. I've had nearly every Sim card ordered from pm arrive within 3 business days. (Except the free one that never arrived but it's replacement arrived on time.) Don't count the day you ordered so I would expect to see it by Wednesday at the latest.

You should get an email with an order # but I haven't ordered thru the app so I can't tell you what to expect in that regard. The rest of your inquiry I expect to see you give us an update as to what your experience is.....?

It is nice that we can use our balance to purchase Sim cards.....I'm all out so now I can restock and spend my balance something I couldn't do before.

Priority

I've looked bit I've not been sent any Order Number or Tracking number in any folders.

Sevcan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Possible reasons for not receiving an email confirmation or order number after ordering a Public Mobile SIM card through the app could include: delayed email, system glitch, communication preferences, spam folder, or waiting for business days. To resolve this, consider checking spam folders, adjusting communication preferences, or contacting customer support.

Priority

You mean it will take weeks to arrive?

It said it would arrive in 2 Business days, so I'd assume that's weekdays only excluding weekends. 

Need Help? Let's chat.