cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM ORDER

lekeomole
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is being 10days, and I have not received my sim. Canada Post tracking is saying there is no record of the order.

15 REPLIES 15

Sugary

We ordered our card last friday and got it 7 days after. 

@computergeek541  Yes, the tracking number should tell a story!

@esjliv wrote:

Hi @computergeek541

If @lekeomole just received a message about this being "dropped shipped" at front door, and Canada Post is notified immediately, and for some strange reason it was not supposed to go to that address, there is a slight chance the driver may be called back to pick up this shipment (if it is deemed a Canada Post address issue). 

If the address the shipment was delivered is correct than, there is not much Canada Post can do.

I have received many shipment from Public Mobile. Public Mobile does not arrange for Canada Post to send an e-mail message with updates. Anyone can ask Canada Post for updates on any package, even if the package is for someone else. That is simply done by going to the Canada Post website.

I stand by that the most likely scenerio is that the tracking results being looked at were not intended for lekeomole, especially since it went to a different province.

Shipments from Public Mobile sent by Canada Post with tracking always have a tracking number that starts with the same set of numbers that are of a specific shipping account. Also, under shipping details, it will clearly state the shipped as Telus Communications.

Hi @computergeek541

If @lekeomole just received a message about this being "dropped shipped" at front door, and Canada Post is notified immediately, and for some strange reason it was not supposed to go to that address, there is a slight chance the driver may be called back to pick up this shipment (if it is deemed a Canada Post address issue). 

If the address the shipment was delivered is correct than, there is not much Canada Post can do.

Since @lekeomole had no record of the order/shipment, then there is no record of the receiver's address likely. So is the tracking number correct?

Many things to confirm.

@esjliv wrote:

Hi @lekeomole,

Oh no - I would call Canada Post right away and put a ticket in with them - 1 (866) 607-6301. Give them the tracking number and see if they can do anything.

Canada Post can't do anything.  If tracking is showing a item as being delivered in a totally different part of the country, the most likely scenario is that those tracking results belong to a different package belonging to someone else and is not even from Public Mobile.

@lekeomole wrote:

I just received email from Canada Post that my order has been delivered to the front door but unfortunately when I tracked,  it was delivered to Whiterock, BC instead of Calgary Alberta. 

What can I do now?

Once again, Public Mobile does not always use a tracking number when shipping by Canada Post. They somtimes ship by lettermail. It's important to know that any shipper can use a particular reference number. Those results are not of your shipment and Public Mobile has not created a shipment with tracking that used your order number as a reference.

I'm assuming that Canada Post sent you an e-mail because you asked  for updates from them on the Canada Post website?

Hi @lekeomole,

Oh no - I would call Canada Post right away and put a ticket in with them - 1 (866) 607-6301. Give them the tracking number and see if they can do anything.

Also, if you purchased the SIM from Public Mobile, I would let the moderators know. Via private message at link below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

lekeomole

I just received email from Canada Post that my order has been delivered to the front door but unfortunately when I tracked,  it was delivered to Whiterock, BC instead of Calgary Alberta. 

What can I do now?

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@lekeomole, did you buy the SIM card through the Public Mobile website? Or did you buy it from a third-party website such as Canadian Supplies?

The reason I ask is if it was through Public Mobile, they would have email you the transaction to an email account (better for tracing things). I would verify if the transaction was completed when you ordered it online through the credit card, Pay Pal or Shop Pay. You should have at least been given an email such as this one:

email.png

If it was a third-party website, I would check on their end. It wouldn't be a Public Mobile issue though as they won't be responsible for a third-party reseller. 

I am hoping it is through Public Mobile though. 

Kdhillon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Its great community here. So helpful members. 

@Triguy wrote:

You should have received an email Go to Canada post tracking web page: https://www.canadapost.ca/trackweb/en#/homeEnter the order number as the tracking/reference number in the box Order number is sent on your email when you place an order.

It may take longer due to Covid-19.

I think that the customer has already done that as lekeomole says that canadapost.ca states that there is no record of the order.  Even if Canada Post never physically scanned the package, there would still be a record of the shipment and it wouldn't say no record of it.

My guess is on that Public Mobile either hasn't processed the order yet or that they sent it by Canada Post without a tracking number. Yes, Public Mobile has been doing this and if they did here, using the order number/reference to track won't work.

I'll say that 10 days really is nothing compared to what I've experience for various packages even within Canada. Some are taking 3 to 4 weeks, while it's the exception, it's not exactly rare as I've experiences repeated instances of this.

@lekeomole Did you get a seperate e-mail message from Public Mobile saying that the sim card has been shipped, or did you just get an order confirmation e-mail message?

@lekeomole its been averaging around 3 weeks to get sims ordered from the PM website. I would wait until at least Monday before contacting the moderators about it. Since you have no account here, send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@lekeomole if your order number doesn't work for Canada Post tracking, contact mods through bot SIMON and create a ticket by clicking on ? on bottom right of the page and following directions.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should have received an email Go to Canada post tracking web page: https://www.canadapost.ca/trackweb/en#/homeEnter the order number as the tracking/reference number in the box Order number is sent on your email when you place an order.

It may take longer due to Covid-19.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@lekeomole hi it should be there soon the pandemic has slowed things down a lot I hear it's about 3 weeks delivery for some canada post tracking is not reliable right now ☹️

Need Help? Let's chat.