cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Failure

Karmelito
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Super frustrating. SIM failure. Eject and replug it in and the phone will register on the network. Contacted support and they reset my account. This stopped the problem for about 48 hours. Now it is back. It's a cheap plan for my parents. But is it too cheap. Does anyone know if I upgrade my account will they remove the throttling so that the phone stays on the network?

7 REPLIES 7

Karmelito

Thanks for the response. Yes, done and done. Have tried both. No issues discovered on another network.

Karmelito

Thanks for your response. I am now using the third SIM card I have had to PURCHASE from Public Mobile (Well, had to purchase from the Telus retail store I visited. They do not like or support Public Mobile as the store here in Vancouver. At the Granville St. store anyway.) Regardless, the problem persists. Recently, in Spain, the phone functioned perfectly on another network. 

Karmelito

I can try. The reset performed on Public Mobile's side recently did rectify the problem for a short period. But it has returned. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Karmelito Does anyone know if I upgrade my account will they remove the throttling so that the phone stays on the network

I had the $15 plan for several months before upgrading the account and  had no problems so I wouldn't think it was anything to do with throttling.   I only upgraded to get more data.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Karmelito  Maybe try resetting the network settings see if that helps also make sure the OS is up to date . And if possible can you try the SIM card in another phone to test and if so can you try another SIM card in your phone . This will help determine if it’s  account issue ur device issue 

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Karmelito 

Can you try resetting the network settings as well as trying sim in another unlocked phone.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Karmelito 

did you try the sim in another phone and same issue? sometimes it is a device problem

if you really think it is the sim card, ask PM agent to pay you for a new one.  Yes, they will do it

Need Help? Let's chat.