cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card number does not work

SFoster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I am a new customer of public mobile; I have ordered a SIM card and it arrived in the mail today, but I haven't been able to create an account. I attempted to use the Public Mobile Online Activation page to create my account, but the activation failed on step 1. Account Setup, with the message "Invalid SIM". I'm sure I did not enter the number incorrectly. I entered the number 3 times, and each time after it failed I compared the number to the one on the SIM card.

By the way this is a brand new SIM card that I ordered directly from public mobile, I didn't get it second hand.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

SFoster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you guys, a very quick reply and great answers!

I cleared the cache and used incognito mode, I didn't even have to wait an hour it worked immediately.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@SFoster   try chrome browser with incognito mode on.  You might have to wait 1 hour before trying again if it doesn't work when you try on chrome 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

The online system can be finnicky at times. Wait an hour, clear your cache and use incognito mode if you have it. If you have a new sim, it is likely valid, but the system has become "confused" with your previous attempts.

Need Help? Let's chat.