cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card not valid

rjcsab
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just bought a sim card from london drugs and when i typed it into the activation field in PM, is shows "Invalid Sim". does anyone know how to solve this?

6 REPLIES 6

rjcsab

Turns out it was not the SIM at all and yes, the invalid sim message was because i tried to activate it again. I discovered the the phone had not been properly unlocked. It is now and everything works great! Thanks for your assistance

[Thanks for updating with the solution ........ Luddite]

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@rjcsab wrote:

not yet. I was certain i had activated it correctly the first time, but thought maybe i hadnt, when the phone showed SIM not activated. 

I will try the live activation help that you suggested and see how that goes. Thank you

Can you check your credit card to see if you got charged? If you did put the sim in the phone and reboot.

rjcsab

not yet. I was certain i had activated it correctly the first time, but thought maybe i hadnt, when the phone showed SIM not activated. 

I will try the live activation help that you suggested and see how that goes. Thank you

@rjcsab Did you try the live activation help I showed?

rjcsab

I have confirmed the numbers where entered correct. would it tell me that if i was trying to activate it twice?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@rjcsab wrote:

I just bought a sim card from london drugs and when i typed it into the activation field in PM, is shows "Invalid Sim". does anyone know how to solve this?

@rjcsab It sounds like you may have entered the numbers incorrectly. Did you try again? Did anything out of the ordinary happen when you were trying to activate, like a page not loading? If this happened, you just need to wait 50-60 mins, open a new browser session and try again.

You can also get live activation help as shown below.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 5.54.13 PM.png

Need Help? Let's chat.