cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card hasn't arrived in 10 days, and I don't have my Order Number.

thinkpersonal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, it's been 10 days since I bought a Public Mobile SIM Card and a Plan, and my SIM Card still hasn't arrived in the Mail, and for some reason I also wasn't given an Order Number. Can anyone help me with this?

9 REPLIES 9

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@thinkpersonal wrote:

Why would I buy another SIM Card

You totally shouldn't have to, but sometimes that's the fastest way to fix a problem, and deal with reimbursement after (or not). It would be nice if they'd give you one free in-store, though they probably couldn't cancel shipping (it may actually be delayed in the mail, and have you ever tried to cancel an (e.g.) Amazon order an hour after placing it?). Again they have no incentive to do so, and it's not like they can sell you anything after enticing you in with a free SIM card.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Echoing what's already been explained, and adding that Amazon is also an option for physical sim cards. They are only $5 vs $10 in store or from PM direct, and are eligible for Prime shipping.

Call ahead. Find a store using the Pick up a sim card link down below. Only corporate stores, not just any cell retailer.

thinkpersonal

Thanks for the replies, fellas.

I'll try to buy a PM Sim Card in-store tomorrow and get a reimbursement.

Unless you're out in the boonies nowhere near a corporate store, it's just faster. Then if and when the ordered one arrives you can use it as a spare or give to someone to get a referral point.

HI @thinkpersonal 

actually, you are correct. you can ask agent for reimbursement

they might tell you the card was sent and could be lost with Canada post, then tell them you don't want to wait for another delivery, ask them to let you buy yourself in person and reimburse you

thinkpersonal

Why would I buy another SIM Card, when I already paid for one online? It would be nice if a Telus or Koodo Store could just give me a free one and cancel shipping the one that's supposed to ship to my House.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@thinkpersonal - we are customers like you here, not public mobile representatives. If you do get a SIM card instore, keep the receipt and send to to CSA through a ticket. Ask them if they can add the value to your My Account, since you had to buy a 2nd one.

If the one comes in through Canada Post letter mail, keep the one coming in the mail as a spare incase your phone gets lost or give it to a friend as a referral.

FYI - Methods to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, and bottom right corner of the page (See the Chat Bubble), 

2-OR, go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @thinkpersonal 

sim card delivery could be as many as 3 weeks.  Ask agent for an update

please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

if you need one fast, you can get it in person by buying a pm sim card from Telus or Koodo stores

Need Help? Let's chat.