cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Issue

Sdorat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when I tried to activate it, I got to the final activation screen after entering all of my info and got a "please wait while we activate." Then I got an error that said "something went wrong, please go back to the log in screen." When I try to log in, it says that my account doesn't exist. And when I try to make a new account, it says that my sim card is invalid.

My visa has been charged, and I am trying to submit a support ticket but that isn't working.  My cel service at Telus has been disconnected and I have no service.  No luck with getting into the account on Public Mobile that I am sure was set up when I first filled in the information, so I can't see if I entered the IMEI on the phone wrong or what.  Any help appreciated!  

9 REPLIES 9

Sdorat

Hi there, thanks for trying to help, still getting an invalid SIM message so I can't go past that. 

Will wait to hear from the moderators.  Trying to validate the phone number doesn't work because of course I can't receive a text.  

S

@sarahwapisiw , @Sdorat wait 50 minutes from last attempt, clear your browser history,  go to incognito/ private mode and try doing it again. Activate your SIMs with temporary cell phone numbers. Set up your self service accounts, and port if applicable, from within your self service account. This allows you to test the SIM. And provides you with a safety net in case something goes wrong with the port. 

sarahwapisiw

I am having the same exact issue. When I click on continue on the first activation page it says Invalid Sim. I also can't ask a question to the moderator because I don't have a public mobile phone number. this makes no sense. 

Sdorat

It doesn't work at all, I have taken it out, turned the phone off, put it back in and restarted.  It searched but still no service. Trying to set up a self service account again results in an invalid sim message.

Sdorat

Thank you for the help!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Sdorat What happens when you insert your PM SIM into your phone?  If it works, set up self service account place while you wait for moderator help. Link here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Ninja'd yet again, so deleted post......

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hi send a private message to moderator_team  using this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage  if teh chatbot system does not work.

provide your sim number and any details re activation ie number time etc....

also try to see if your sim was actually activated.  

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Sdorat wrote:

when I tried to activate it, I got to the final activation screen after entering all of my info and got a "please wait while we activate." Then I got an error that said "something went wrong, please go back to the log in screen." When I try to log in, it says that my account doesn't exist. And when I try to make a new account, it says that my sim card is invalid.

My visa has been charged, and I am trying to submit a support ticket but that isn't working.  My cel service at Telus has been disconnected and I have no service.  No luck with getting into the account on Public Mobile that I am sure was set up when I first filled in the information, so I can't see if I entered the IMEI on the phone wrong or what.  Any help appreciated!  

@Sdoratsend a message to moderators directly to get help: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.