cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Activation

djquiring
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just bought a new PM SIM card, went through the activation process, picked a plan, paid, and put the card in my phone. That was yesterday and my phone is still telling me "No Service". I can't send or receive calls or texts. I have tried my friend's PM SIM card in my phone and it works fine, so the issue seems to be with my new SIM card or its activation. I signed up for a new number when activating, so no porting of an old number is necessary. I checked my account and it's showing that my credit card payment went through and that I currently have a balance of $0. I've tried restarting the phone several times and toggling airplane mode.

What should I try next?

4 REPLIES 4

djquiring
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Submitted a ticket and got in touch with a CSA. She said there's an issue in the back-end and the SIM card did not get properly activated. She's referred it to the technical department and they said it should be fixed in 1-3 days. Thanks for the help everyone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@djquiring If it is showing "No Service" on different phones, if can be a SIM provisioning issue on the system system, which happened a lot lately.  Just open ticket with PM Support as advised by posts above.  It should be an easy fix and PM Support can resolve it quickly after getting the ticket

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@djquiring  Might be that the sim did not provision correctly while activating. 

<span;>Contact customer service agents.

Open a ticket via:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)

Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@djquiring 

Did you try the PM SIM card in your friend's phone?  That would also provide valuable information.  Helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  Maybe try network reset of phone.  

If the SIM card does not work in your friend's phone, then you will need to contact customer service agent.  Click on chat icon on right lower corner of website.  Type: activation isn't working. Follow prompts to submit ticket for CSA help. 

Need Help? Let's chat.