cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Activation Issues

zj1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I received the SIM card 2 days ago. We went through the steps to activate the SIM card. We made it through all of the steps; however, when it came time to sign-up for the plan and process payment with my credit card, I received an error message saying something went wrong and to start over. But, when I try to start over, whenever I enter in the SIM card number, it tells me that the card # is invalid. And there doesn't appear to be an actual account that has been set-up as I get an error message when trying to log-in to My Account. I sent a private message more than 24 hours ago to @CS_Agent but have yet to hear back! This is really frustrating. Let me know if you have any advice. 

14 REPLIES 14

@ChuckYeahI would recommend do account activation late at night during off hours. Make sure the browser (ideally on a computer) is freshly restarted, Javascript and cookie enabled and free of plug ins.

Remember Birth date is not mandatory to be true (also take screenshots).. also remember the PIN.

Have a spare credit card ready, stupid I know, but it is what it is.

Update and reset the phone before hand if possible. Your friend mind as well do a "Marie Kondo"ing of their phones when they move to a new account.

No I meant in hindsight. I was afraid to try the activation again so I just waited for the moderator.

If a friend signs up later, should I recommend they try several times or is there a danger in that? Double charging or confusing the system.

Chuck

@ChuckYeah What are you afraid of trying again? I thought your phone is working? If you are trying to create a new login, as long as you don't repeat over and over and get locked out you should be okay.

I was afraid to try it again. Can you make things worse by trying over and over?

@zj1 wrote:

Thanks. I actually hadn't put the SIM card into the phone as I assumed that it wasn't activated. I just tried it and it actually works! Now, I just need to figure out how to login to my account...it's still not recognizing my email, even though I received an email from Public Mobile... 😞

@zj1  Click here to register your selfserve account.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@zj1 wrote:

Thanks. I actually hadn't put the SIM card into the phone as I assumed that it wasn't activated. I just tried it and it actually works! Now, I just need to figure out how to login to my account...it's still not recognizing my email, even though I received an email from Public Mobile... 😞

When you log in make sure the log in email is matched the email in PM system and make sure you type the exact email in. Or you can copy the email address that PM send message to you and paste it into the log in page.

zj1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@zj1 wrote:

Hello,

I received the SIM card 2 days ago. We went through the steps to activate the SIM card. We made it through all of the steps; however, when it came time to sign-up for the plan and process payment with my credit card, I received an error message saying something went wrong and to start over. But, when I try to start over, whenever I enter in the SIM card number, it tells me that the card # is invalid. And there doesn't appear to be an actual account that has been set-up as I get an error message when trying to log-in to My Account. I sent a private message more than 24 hours ago to @CS_Agent but have yet to hear back! This is really frustrating. Let me know if you have any advice. 

@zj1 When the activation does not complete normally you have to wait for about an hour for that lock to clear. Clear you cache and try again after an hour maybe use incognito mode with your browser.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I had the same issue a few days ago and it was frustrating for me to, but I was contacted within 36 hrs and I was up and running in 44.

Short term pain for long term gain, I say!

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Actually friend of mine had the same problem, she had to wait 30 minutes because the session locked the sim and it repeated 3 or 4 times but eventually it went through even before moderators answered, so I would suggest just try again with a new browser and preferably with a clean cashe 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It usually takes 48-72 hours for a moderator response depending on workload.  There seem to be many people have issues setting up new accounts for the past few days.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@zj1 wrote:

Hello,

Try using Chrome incognito mode to activate. And since you send private message to moderator team 2 days again, I think you'll get respond from them soon.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zj1 Normally the moderators will reply within 2 days and sometimes up to 3 days if the load is high.

Things to try in the meantime as you wait for moderator:

1.  Reboot your phone

2.  Try your PM SIM card in another phone to help determine whether hardware issue/setup versus Public mobile service problem

3.  Lost/stolen phone trick.  Will reset your SIM.p

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

jclaydon2018
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

answers can take up to 48 hrs on average..  one of the things you have to put up with for cheaper service..

in the meantime, make sure you have provided all relivant info like SIM IEME, pin etc to save an extra step

jope you get resolved soon

Need Help? Let's chat.