cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM CARD FAILURE

deputyphil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.  I have been a PM customer for a couple of years now.  Currently on the $40- 4.5gb 30 day plan.  I am using an iphone XS.  Today I completed a phone call and after I hung up, a message on the phone appeared "SIM CARD FAILURE."

I have rebooted, removed SIM and re-installed it.  That seemed to have worked for about 1 minute but then same message appears.

I need the phone to work immediately.  Please advise if I should just buy a new SIM as I can't be trouble shooting this for long.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@deputyphil wrote:

Just a quick update.  I have put in my USA sim card and it works fine.  Although I am roaming when using that from where I live.  So then I put old PM sim back in as I was leaving for Walmart, and it seems to be working fine now.  Not sure if it's a hiccup or whether the sim is on the way out. So I will leave old one in for now and see how things go.

Thx for the replies.

Good to hear @deputyphil! Fingers crossed you don't have any more issues with your SIM. Have a great day.

deputyphil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just a quick update.  I have put in my USA sim card and it works fine.  Although I am roaming when using that from where I live.  So then I put old PM sim back in as I was leaving for Walmart, and it seems to be working fine now.  Not sure if it's a hiccup or whether the sim is on the way out. So I will leave old one in for now and see how things go.

Thx for the replies.

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

They only time I have ever had problems with my SIM card was due to an issue with the tray -- in the end I had to replace the tray. But to trouble shoot whether this is a SIM card or hardware issue, I like @will13am's suggestion to try in a different phone or purchase a new SIM card. That will help you identify the cause of the issue.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Personally, I think SIM cards are built like a tank.  I have never had a failure ever.  Some of my SIM cards are removed and reinserted into the phone on a monthly basis.  I suggest trying the SIM card on a different phone if convenient.  If not, then just buy a replacement SIM card.  They are only $10.  It is easy to change the SIM card on the self serve. 

Need Help? Let's chat.