cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers port in not working

amkyba7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated my PM and tried to port my number thru the activation. I can call out but can’t recieve any calls. I received a message saying I need to compleate the sim and activation form to provide my pin or password but there is no link to that option from public Mobile.ca5237E41C-F538-4A69-A142-B5224F69148C.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @amkyba7

I recommend following what everyone else said. Had this happen to me to. Go ahead and contact the moderator team to get this issue resolved. Seems like there have been a few others on this forum who have had this issue lately as well with the failed or incomplete port.

Some information on how to contact the moderators:

If the Community is stumped by your question or if you have an account specific issue, then it’s time to contact our super-knowledgeable Moderator Team.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• If you don’t need to share personal or account information, just tag @Moderator_Team to your thread and they’ll show up. Just like that.
  • If you need to share personal or account info, send a private message to the Moderator Team by clicking the envelope icon, then ‘New Message’, and address your message to Moderator_Team.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.fig2.png

When are Moderators available and how long till I get a response?

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 9 PM Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 9 AM to 7:30 PM Eastern time.

How do I know if a Moderator has looked at my question or responded?

Once a Moderator has opened your support ticket, they’ll send you a private message asking you to authenticate your account information. You will need to provide your account number and PIN to validate your account information. You can find this message by clicking on the envelope icon.

If you have not changed your account settings since creating your Community account, you will automatically receive email notifications when someone has sent you a private message. To modify this, just click on your Community avatar, then on ‘My Settings’, then navigate to the ‘Preferences tab’, then select ‘Private Messenger’ and checkmark the box beside ‘Receive email notifications for new private messages”.fig3.png

Are there any questions that always require a Moderator?

There definitely are, and here are some examples of when to contact Moderators directly:

• There’s an issue with your Public Mobile service that prevents you from using your phone to make calls, a feature is bugged, or if earned Rewards aren’t showing up.
  • You’ve ordered a SIM card online, it’s been more than 7 days, and you haven’t received it yet.
  • You would like to change your Self-Serve email address, or make other Self-Serve account changes that you are unable to do yourself.

To learn more about our Community, click here.

And a link to their Public Mobile Post for more information

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/self_serve/message-id/19916

Just wondering when did you port it over, it might take some hours to have it complete.  

If all service are working except receiving call to your old phone number, then its port waiting to be ported or failed.  

Wait for sometime for it finish, if after some hours, it probably failed port. only public mobile employee can fix it, which is message to @CS_Agent

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amkyba7, did you activate yourself on-line?  If so, there is no additional form to complete.  It is just a leftover message...

As for the port problem, If you can dial/text out, but cannot receive, the port is definitely not complete.  How long has it been since the activation/port?  Does your Rogers SIM still work?  Can you receive calls with that SIM?  When that SIM stops working, it usually indicates that the port is complete.  One other thing to do is to restart your phone with the PM SIM in it (if you have'nt already done so).  If it has been more than a couple of hours since porting, your port is stuck and will need human intervention to fix.  If that's the case, you need to send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to look into it.  Could be a couple of days until they respond.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@amkyba7 They removed that channel of support a long time ago and moved to the community based support only. I guess they forgot to remove/add that info in the text you received. 

Is your Rogers sim still working? If yes, looks like your porting request did not go through due to an issue. You can try posting your number again by logging into your self-serve account. You only need to provide your number and the associated account number. Be sure to tick the authorized check box. If it doesn't work, your only option is to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info and they will port your number from their end.

Need Help? Let's chat.