cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Landline to Public Mobile

Laurettelajoie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

Hopefully I did this correctly. I did the mistake of cancelling my account before transferring the number. I did check and no one has taken the number.

is there a way anyway to get my number back?

we had that number for 30+ years.

39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping : This was a bit of a messy thread merged from various threads. Please do read it. The phone number appears to have originated with Alliant then ported to Rogers then cancelled there which would return the number to Alliant. It was after cancelling that the OP came to realize that they can't port an inactive number. And that cancelling was a while ago now.

Edit: So you see @Anonymous, even a high and mighty Oracle can not read a thread. You've never been alone. Just frequent.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Laurettelajoie wrote:

Hello

Hopefully I did this correctly. I did the mistake of cancelling my account before transferring the number. I did check and no one has taken the number.

PM cannot port your Rogers number if your number is not active.  You asked Rogers to cancel your number. 

You should call Rogers to open a new account with your old number if Rogers is still have that number.  This is the only way to get your number back and port it to PM.  

@Laurettelajoie 

Now that I am caught up....this is a bit of a mess. So it appears that the number may still be available. Next step is to ensure its transferable to pm (telus/koodo/pm). Check the number here...

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do lang=en&appname=otherportal

If the number can be transferred to pm (if it can't then your quest ends here) then you need to open a postpaid account with Aliant and request your old number. Explain that you had a misunderstanding with Rogers and your account was closed sending your number back to Aliant. You only care about keeping your long time phone number and don't mind them as your new service provider and you hate Rogers now.....open the new account with Aliant on a month to month service.

Once everything is in place and you find out how much your first months of service will be pay it in full ( just the first month not the second month that they bill ahead for....) Once you have paid the first month in full initiate the the port request and call Aliant to verify your account and authorize the port into pm. Once the port completes between 2 and 7 days it will automatically close your Aliant account and they will prorate your billing and refund any difference between the days of service used and the amount of the first months bill that you paid in full.

@Yummy wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Laurettelajoie 

Did you reply YES to the PAT(porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it on your Rogers sim card/service?

OP said: 'I did the mistake of cancelling my account before transferring the number.'

@Yummy   , @darlicious was innocent here.  This is a merged thread.  OP has been giving us only bits and pieces earlier and didn't open this thread until very late.  when daricious replied, we didn't know the full story yet  🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous : Please. Read. This customer has cancelled their account at Rogers. So there's no transferring at this time anyway.

😆Copy/paste is cheaper.

@darlicious wrote:

@Laurettelajoie 

Did you reply YES to the PAT(porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it on your Rogers sim card/service?

OP said: 'I did the mistake of cancelling my account before transferring the number.'

@Laurettelajoie wrote:

The caller center at aliant cant help me. 

Are you ready to reactivate with Aliant to get the number back?

If so, talk to Aliant sales agent  and see if they can activate and find you the number during the activation.  Since the sales are earning commission, maybe they are willing to use their magic to find you back the number or they can provide you the tricks.  Again, there is still no guarantee.  Getting old number back or specific number is very hard these days

Laurettelajoie

8h1 code and cant be connected to the number

Laurettelajoie

The caller center at aliant cant help me. 

Laurettelajoie

I get 8h1 call cant be completed

Laurettelajoie

Yes thats the area. Wouldn’t be with koodo

Anyone knows the answer? 

506-423 is a St.Leonard phone number.. Only Rogers, Aliant and Bell Aliant has rate centre at St. Leonard and Telus does not have a rate centre there. .. However I tried Koodo Eligibility with a random number in 506-423 and it said it can be ported into Koodo.. any reason why?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Laurettelajoie wrote:

Thank you i will wait for your message

@Laurettelajoie 

your welcome,
i did send to your private message inbox check it out and i hope them will be help you.. good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Laurettelajoie : No need. So then not even Rogers will help. You need to go back to the originating "owner" of the number. When numbers are ported elsewhere and then abandoned elsewhere then they make their way back to the originating carrier after a period of time.

But again...what happens when you call the number?

@Laurettelajoie wrote:

Yes but the last company to have it was rogers. Would you be able to find more info if i gave the full number? Not sure how to send a personal message

If you have closed your account, your number would be going back to the "original" provider.  In this case, it is Aliant Telecom.   You have to check with them to get the number back, not Rogers

Laurettelajoie

Yes but the last company to have it was rogers. Would you be able to find more info if i gave the full number? Not sure how to send a personal message

Laurettelajoie

Thank you i will wait for your message

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 : Would you be willing to go around to all the their posts and merge them here?

I think I got them all

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

ok... i see it.. but @Laurettelajoie i will be provided to you a phone number for Rogers Management Office only them will be enable to fix it for you.

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Laurettelajoie : That number appears to be from Alliant (Bell??). Did you port the number over to Rogers at some time?

Edit: Have you tried to call the number? If someone answers then it's gone.

Laurettelajoie

It failed 😞 i did the error to close the account before i knew i could do this. Its passed the 90 days as well

Laurettelajoie

Public tried but it failed du to account being closed. But i wasnt aware until now.

area code 506 423- 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : Would you be willing to go around to all the their posts and merge them here?

@Laurettelajoie : Would you be willing to share the area code and prefix with us. Just those first 6 digits. We can find who "owns" the number. Unless you know that the number originated at Rogers.

@Anonymous : Please. Read. This customer has cancelled their account at Rogers. So there's no transferring at this time anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Laurettelajoie 

• The number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number. When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 to 5  business days. You may experience mixed service during this process until the transfer is complete. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.

Transferring (publicmobile.ca)

if you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent 

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

if you cancelling Rogers Landline and you didn't transferring to is will be with Rogers may you can call to Rogers.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Laurettelajoie wrote:

Hello

I am not sure you will need to contact Rogers as it is their number.  You may have to reactivate with them as I don't think PM would have access to this number to start a new account.  Really you will need to deal with Rogers and see what it will take to get that number back.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Laurettelajoie : It's ok. You don't have to. One of the moderators will probably come along and clean all your bits up into it's own thread eventually. Or not.

@Laurettelajoie   how long has the account been closed?  If you want your number back, you have to open an account with Rogers and hope they can reassign the number back to you.  There is nothing PM can help.  You need to sort it out with Rogers first.  Only Active account could be ported 

Laurettelajoie

Im new i dont know how sorry

@Laurettelajoie   it's a bit confusing.. you replied in multiple old posts.. OPEN one your own for easy tracking...

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

The OP has not confirmed the time frame or if they replied YES to the PAT.

i was confused too he said

"Rogers has my number as well and it's not being released. Why? I dont know. No one else has it"   ..

No one else?  but the line before just said Rogers has it.. who has it?

Need Help? Let's chat.