cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Landline to Public Mobile

Laurettelajoie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

Hopefully I did this correctly. I did the mistake of cancelling my account before transferring the number. I did check and no one has taken the number.

is there a way anyway to get my number back?

we had that number for 30+ years.

39 REPLIES 39

@Anonymous 

Lol I guess I only answered the OP in two threads out of?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : The customer has been into several threads. One of them they declared that the Rogers account is closed.

@softech 

The OP has not confirmed the time frame or if they replied YES to the PAT.

@Laurettelajoie 

Check your private messages. Call the telus porting department number first to confirm the status of your port before using the change number feature. If it can be ported thru the telus porting department then that is the first step you should take.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Laurettelajoie : That seems to be the key right there. Your Rogers account is closed. Providers don't let numbers go from a closed account.

@Laurettelajoie wrote:

Rogers has my number as well and it's not being released. Why? I dont know. No one else has it

@Laurettelajoie 

So, you confirmed that Rogers still have the phone number?   It either you didn't reply the text within 90 mins or for some reason Rogers never release the number.   You can try to call Rogers and ask but I doubt they will take any responsibility.  (but at least they are nice and willing to allow the porting on the phone without you buy a new Rogers SIM and reply the SMS)

You will have to use Change Number as I suggested above and re-request the Porting.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Rogers-port/m-p/747074/highlight/true...

Then call  Rogers on that 1-800 number you mentioned and make sure they approve the porting without the SMS authorization

UPDATE: oops.. this is a different person from OP..   @Laurettelajoie  when did you port your number? you can make outgoing calls?

@Laurettelajoie 

Did you reply YES to the PAT(porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it on your Rogers sim card/service?

Laurettelajoie

Can I have the phone number? I'm having the same issue with Rogers now as well. 

Laurettelajoie

Rogers has my number as well and it's not being released. Why? I dont know. No one else has it

Laurettelajoie

For me Rogers is refusing as the account is closed. They have the number, no one else does, they just don't want to release it. I don't understand why

Need Help? Let's chat.