cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

em2295
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I buy a roaming add-on, 250MB for example, is the daily limit 250MB?  Or can I use more than that and just have it expire faster?

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@em2295 

All US roaming add-ons are for 10 days and expire 240 hours after you have purchased it. If you use all 250 MB of data in your US roaming add-on your data will stop working. You will need to purchase another 10-day US roaming data add-on to continue to use mobile data.

You will not be able to purchase the same US roaming add on until 24 hours after the expiry date and time. Instead your options are to purchase a different US roaming add-on with data or contact customer support to purchase the same US roaming add-on again.

However a new wrinkle may have popped up in this regard as to how to preload the funds to purchase (with the assistance of a CSA) the US Roaming add-on with manual top ups to your account balance currently tied to your plan amount?

You may have to add funds via 611 or by calling the +1-855 4PUBLIC phone number and entering your 10-digit public mobile phone number. By entering your 4 digit account pin number you will then be able to make top up payments and make add-on purchases using your credit card on file but still limited to having to contact customer support to add the same US roaming add-on if that is your choice.

There are no overages extra billing or fees with public mobile so you must purchase ahead of time what you plan to use. US roaming add-ons start working immediately after purchase so do not purchase them until you are about to depart to the US or arrive in the US.

Here is more information on public mobiles 10-day US roaming add-ons that will be helpful to you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

@Remember wrote:

@em2295 

you can purchase more any time and when purchase add-ons it's one time not renewal on your plan, until if you want to again purchase add-ons, and not expire date until you used all.

HI @Remember  , it looks to me you are not answering OP's questoin

OP question was:

If I buy a roaming add-on, 250MB for example, is the daily limit 250MB?  Or can I use more than that and just have it expire faster?

@Remember wrote:

@em2295 

you can purchase more any time and when purchase add-ons it's one time not renewal on your plan, until if you want to again purchase add-ons, and not expire date until you used all.

Huh ?

confused.jpg

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

No. 250MB is for the whole 10 days. So you can easily use it in 1 hour and then you are done 😞

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@em2295 

The 250mb is a total for 10 days (240 hours) when you purchase Roaming Add-on.

Once it runs out, roaming doesn’t work so you need to purchase more.

AmysLuck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

The 250mb is for all the duration of the option. You will have 250mb for the entirety 10 days.

If I'm not mistaken once you use all the 250mb you'll no longer have access to the internet unless you are under a WiFi connection.

Have a nice day. 

Need Help? Let's chat.