cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Trbloue2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I added roaming add on yesterday will it still work with little text and calling from California or do I have to download text me which I prefer not to do

9 REPLIES 9

@Trbloue2 PM is prepaid,  so if you got talk roaming earlier, it will work from the time you successfully purchased the addon for 240 hours (10 days) .  No extra charge unless you decide to buy other addon

Generally speaking,  if you see it connected to TMOBILE and yiu see signal bars, it should work.  You  an tru to make calls to test

I am not sure if your roaming you got include data.  If it does you will have to enable Roaming data for it to wotk

Trbloue2

Thank you for your help

if I have bars am I automatically on roaming. Do I still get charged 

@Trbloue2   Check the status bar on the top of the phone, does it shows it is connected?

or you can go to the Mobile network screen, change from Automatic to manual selection.  Try to pick T-Mobile and see if it connects

Trbloue2

How do I know I am connected 

@not-trust-anyon wrote:

@Trbloue2 

select network to T-mobile and reboot phone not works, 

open ticket with PM support and ask them to check it for you

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing Submit a ticket, then click Contact Us, Then click Other, then click Click here to submit a ticket 

have trouble with Chatbot: private message CS_Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/

Once ticket is submitted,(envelope icon on the top right) CS_Agent will reply you there

There's no reason to oepn a ticket. The customer is asking if roaming is available in California.  Ther person isn't there yet.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Trbloue2 , are you having issues connecting to either T-Mobile or AT&T?  Text messaging will work on LTE.  The only roaming feature that is hit and miss is talk which now only works on T-Mobile 2G network.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Trbloue2 hi chances are your data should work but talk is getting less and less reliable if you can manualy connect to 2g you may still get talk 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Manually connect to T-Mobile. Hopefully your phone supports the old 2G GSM to be able to talk. There are fewer and fewer spots where 3G might still be working and also coverage for the old 2G may be less than ideal.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Only way to know is to try it. People have reported mixed results.

On recent trip to Washington state, I found that manually selecting T-Mobile allowed the best use of the roaming add-on while there.

Need Help? Let's chat.