cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming texting

dyland1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am traveling right now and my plan has unlimited roaming texts. I cannot seem to even pick up a data signal even while roaming is on. Is there a way to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

@dyland1 What makes you think you have "roaming texting"? Unlimited international text messaging is not the same as roaming text messaging. The former just means you can text internationally FROM within Canada, whereas the latter means you can text while roaming IN another country. Currently Public Mobile only offers roaming services in the US, and you require a roaming add-on or a Canada/US plan.

dyland1

I am in the caribbean right now so that makes sense. 

dyland1

Ahh okay, thank you!

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@dyland1  Assuming you are in the USA do you have roaming turned on in your phone, and are you able to connect to either AT&T or T-Mobile?  If one is not working try the other.  Are you on 5G or LTE?

@dyland1 wrote:

I am traveling right now and my plan has unlimited roaming texts. I cannot seem to even pick up a data signal even while roaming is on. Is there a way to fix this?

Where are you trying to use the service?   Unofrutnately, if you're outside of Canada or the U.S., text messages won't be received.

Need Help? Let's chat.