cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working.Any suggestion from community?

Dogniuniu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have $34 can-us plan, dual eSIM on iPhone 14 Pro device.  Roaming is enabled, cellular data only has personal hotspot entry, followed support instruction to add app via downloading from unlock it.co.nz, signal strength to network is good, but I cannot use data. I’ve tried to power cycle the phone, no change. Opened a case, still waiting for email back. Any suggestion from community? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Verizon isn't a roaming partner, so that won't work. AT&T is, but their 5G doesn't work for us. 

Dogniuniu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much for the detailed instruction!  The only thing I didn’t do is to turn off automatic network selection, and pick t-mobile. This manual selection solved my problem!   When I set to auto, it auto selected either AT&T or Verizon. Neither worked for me previously. Thanks again for your help!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Dogniuniu 

are we to assume that talk and text work as expected while in us ...just data not working....correct ?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Dogniuniu  I was just in the US last week with no issues. Here's how I did it. Make sure Cellular Data is on and Cellular Data Options - Roaming On.

How to change Network Operators on iPhone

Press Settings

Chalupa_Batman_0-1713014013767.png

Press Network Selection

Chalupa_Batman_1-1713014013755.png

Press the indicator next to Automatic and turn it off.

Chalupa_Batman_2-1713014013644.png

Then pick T-Mobile for US usage.

Chalupa_Batman_3-1713014013676.png

Then swipe up and close. It’s best to reboot if possible.

You should be good to go.

Created by Chalupa Batman

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

Need Help? Let's chat.