cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming data in US is flashing LTE+ then not detecting network

Mdoto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just signed up not too long ago to the US data roaming promo plan but it's not working properly in the states.  LTE + icon flashes then no data roaming network icon shows.

I have data roaming on and network set to 5g auto connect.

I signed up for this partly due to the roaming capability and so far disappointed.

5 REPLIES 5

That will also work, but forcing your phone into 4G is a bit easier and still allows for connections to both AT&T and T-Mobile, depending who has better signal.

xtrawest
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

During my recent visit to the United States, I encountered same issue as the device was displaying a 5G connection, but it was also flashing on AT&T network. This resulted in an unstable connection and intermittent loss of 5G service. To resolve the issue, I manually connected to the T-Mobile network, which successfully established a stable 5G connection throughout my stay.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

AT&T 5G doesn't work, so it's best to leave it on 4G as @softech said. That will likely solve your issue.

Mdoto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @softech will try to switch to 4g/lte to see if that works next time and/or manual.  I may have tried before too.  

Will report back.  Appreciate the prompt response.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mdoto 

don't use 5G auto, change to 4G or LTE

also, try manually connect to T-Mobile and AT&T , try both and see which one works better

and of course, enable Roaming mobile data on your phone

Need Help? Let's chat.