cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming add-on overriding my Canada-USA plan - can I remove the roaming add-on?

ACSlater
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

The day before I travelled to the USA, I bought a USA roaming add-on. Later the same day, I realized Public Mobile had made their Canada-USA plans available to all of Canada, and I travel to the USA often so that plan makes sense for me, so I set up to subscribe to that plan on renewal, which was a few days ago.

Now I'm in the US and my Canada-USA plan is active, but I have no access to data. I think it's because my roaming add-on (which has 3g data) is "overriding" my subscription and forcing my phone to look for a 3g network which is nonexistent in my area.

Is it possible to cancel my roaming add-on? I don't care about a refund tbh, I just want my account to get on the 4g network I'm paying for.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

ACSlater

LOL that's embarrassing. For the record I did turn it off and on a bunch of times, and I confirmed that I was on a network (AT&T, not t-mobile). Anyway all is well now, and I'm an idiot. Thanks. 

ACSlater

OMG my data roaming was off. I don't remember ever turning it on/off before (I roam a lot) so maybe I forgot, or maybe something happened when I switched to Public. Thank you!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ACSlater 

That is not the problem.

Have you manually connected to the T-Mobile network?

Did you try rebooting your phone?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ACSlater @Make sure your connected to T mobile and reboot the phone and you have data roaming turned on 

Need Help? Let's chat.