cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Question

KingofAwsome
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m new to public mobile. What happens if you cross the border without an add on to roam. Do you get charged per minute, mb, and text. Then it get charged to your credit card? I don’t have the us and Canada plan. Thank you for helping me.  I’m a noob. 

4 REPLIES 4

Chipster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @KingofAwsome. I live 15 minutes from the border and cross often. Because PM is a pre-paid service you will NOT be charged any extra $$$ while travelling in the USA. Without a US plan your phone will simply not work on the US cellular network. 

Ladie1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, King of Awesome (love the name):  I've traveled for years in the US with PM.  I sometimes have the add-on set up in advance and sometimes rely on text  or wifi until I reach my sister's place.  Then if I need full service I can purchase the add-on using her wifi or I can buy a cheap sim plan at the dollar store.  People here on the forum advise of call forwarding services which are very inexpensive I think. 

Since I have family in the US and need US calling as well as US service when traveling I plunked for the current CANADA-US plan, but that is probably more than you need.

@Handy1 wrote:

@KingofAwsome  Your phone will simply not work . And no worries you won’t be charged PM is pre paid so you can’t do anything you haven’t paid for and won’t have any surprise bills 

That's not entirely true. Incoming text messages will still work.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@KingofAwsome  Your phone will simply not work . And no worries you won’t be charged PM is pre paid so you can’t do anything you haven’t paid for and won’t have any surprise bills 

Need Help? Let's chat.