cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Plan was not usable in the US. How do I ask for a refund?

lcovello
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I signed up for the roamin add on and was charged for this service.  I followed all of the instructions and could see the service available.  The service was completely useless though.  Over the course of 5 days, my boys (I purchased a plan each) were able to use under 50 megs.  Data messages, calls, etc. were not delivered and we resulted to them tethering off me when together and them not being reachable when apart.

I'd like to initiate a refund for these purchases, please instruct on how to do so.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

lcovello
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone for your feedback and advice, I'm dealing directly with a rep now on this issue and will go through darlicious' post for future visits to the US.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lcovello 

Have a read of the following post for future reference so you understand how public mobile 10-day US roaming add-ons work and the current change in services due to the decommissioning of the 3G network in the US.

It is suspected that there may be an issue currently with AT&t as there's been a higher then usual amount of complaints regarding connecting to AT&t. However T-Mobile has not had similar complaints and you are given two options for roaming in the US.

T-Mobile is currently the preferred network because they still have 2G coverage across most of the US allowing voice calls to still connect for public mobile customers. There should have been no issue connecting to the 4G LTE network and sending and receiving SMS text and abortion as well if you had working mobile data.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@lcovello wrote:

Hello, I signed up for the roamin add on and was charged for this service.  I followed all of the instructions and could see the service available.  The service was completely useless though.  Over the course of 5 days, my boys (I purchased a plan each) were able to use under 50 megs.  Data messages, calls, etc. were not delivered and we resulted to them tethering off me when together and them not being reachable when apart.

I'd like to initiate a refund for these purchases, please instruct on how to do so.

Thank you.

Here's a link to send a message to CSA to request a credit to your account...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lcovello 

Did you purchase the $20 US roaming bundle with talk,text and data? You can certainly contact customer support and ask for a credit or partial credit.  

Click on the chatbot Simon down below in the green part of the page to submit a ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.