cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieval of a sim reported lost

Khenny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I found a Sim I previously misplaced and had reported lost.

I need that line reactivated now as it is linked to my PayPal account and I can't find an option to restore the line (same number). 

Please what can I do? 

9 REPLIES 9

Khenny

I followed the suggestions and I only needed to remove the sim from the lost section and I'm reactivated.

Thanks a lot 

Khenny

Thanks a lot. Spot on solution this was. 

Khenny

Yes I do have an active self serve account and I reported the sim stolen via self serve like 2 to 3 weeks back.

I've been able to reactivate the line now, thanks to the responses on the thread. Thanks a lot 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Khenny wrote:

@Khenny   How did you report it lost and how long ago was this? 

I need that line reactivated now as it is linked to my PayPal account and I can't find an option to restore the line (same number). 

Please what can I do? 

Do you currently have an active Public Mobile account?

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi had it been more than 90 days since you reported it lost?

If yes, sorry to say this but your account is gone. You will have to call PayPal and link another number to it

If not, just login to your account and report it found at the same place you reported it stolen

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Khenny wrote:

Please what can I do? 

@Khenny Had you activated this SIM before? How long ago did you activate it? As others have said if its past 90days then you will need a new SIM. 

If you are not able to get into your self serve account contact the moderators in order to get this resolved quickly. I am only suggesting this because you have not responded in a little bit.

Contact them here: Moderators

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Khenny  Login to your account and turn off suspend device. Put the SIM into your phone and dial 611. If you cannot hear your account balance you need a new SIM. 

@Khenny 

As long as your account hasnt been cancelled (after 90 days) you can reactivate your account and plan as per @gblackma instructions. If it's been cancelled understand you will have lost your phone number as well.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

What happened in the interim @Khenny ? Did you get a replacement SIM card for your account and switched your SIM? If you did, this one is garbage. If you didn't and its been less than 90 days since you reported it Stolen.  Log into your self service account and take it off lost/stolen.

20200504_182846.jpg

If more than 90 days, sorry, the account is closed and you have to start over again with new SIM and email address.

If you can't log into your account. And it's under 90 days. Contact the moderators and ask tjem for a temporary password. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.