cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resubscribed, paid, activated, but no service, sms, or calls working

MonicaSaborio
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I canceled my subscription on February 1st because I was travelling. Yesterday, I resubscribed to the plan I had by paying the fee and it said it was activated. I switched my cellular settings to the PM number, however it doesn't show any sign of service and sms and calls aren't working. I am currently in Ecuador, however when I was in Argentina I was still able to see the bars on the top of my phone so I don't think location is the problem (I should be able to see the bars of the top of my phone right now but I don't). I only need the sms function so that I can receive a 2-step verification code for a website I am trying to log into. I have tried restarting my phone, toggling the airplane mode, and changing the cellular settings however nothing has worked. Please help!!  

8 REPLIES 8

MonicaSaborio

I tried this again, however it did not make a difference. Thank you though.

a_kenny12345

When you restarted your phone did you keep it off for 30 seconds or a minute . That may work. Hope this helps!

MonicaSaborio

I need the security code for a different website, and there is no option to send the code as an email. This is why I need my phone number as it is the only contact connected to the account.

HI @MonicaSaborio 

on the security code 2fa screen, just click Didn't receive code and then click Send email

MonicaSaborio

Okay, how do I get it send to my email?

@MonicaSaborio wrote:

I don't need service, I just need an sms verification text to come through

You won't have any PM sms while in Ecuador. You can log in to your account on a laptop and get the 2FA sent to your email address...just won't be sent via sms.
@

MonicaSaborio

I don't need service, I just need an sms verification text to come through

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MonicaSaborio 

you'll have no PM service while in Equador or anywhere else for that matter other than Canada or US (with an add-on).

Need Help? Let's chat.