cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting contacts

Maddie-Jaclyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I restrict certain people from calling me? And prevent them leaving a voicemail message?  Blocking people helps but they can still send voicemails. I am talking about real people not spam numbers. 

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar 

Thanks for clarifying the method.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Yup, @darlicious is on the right track. When you block certain contacts or numbers, it triggers the busy/declined conditional call forward, which by default is set to go to your voicemail. You can set this to anything else including a bogus or dead-end number. You can enter the number via the call forwarding menus in your phone app, or dial the *67 code directly, ie:

• *67*0000000000# - invalid number that is still accepted by the system. Caller will hear a call failure or fast busy.
  • *67*3063370005# - "At the customers request, the number you have dialed is equipped for outgoing calls only."

That second one is nice because it plays the announcement without technically "connecting" the call, which might be useful to hint to spam callers that the call failed or nothing ever answered the line.

Good luck!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Maddie-Jaclyn 

If you don't mind putting a little bit of work into it then call forward your conditional busy/declined to one of the fun numbers that @Nezgar has listed in this thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Fun-with-Conditional-Call-forwarding-and-...

What might work best for you is one of the recorded messages like "by the request of the account holder this number has been configured for outgoing calls only."

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

There is no really a way to do that unless you wan to use a trick when Nobody can leave you a vmail.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Maddie-Jaclyn hi there is no way to stop someone from leaving you a voice mail  just delete there messages until they figure out you don't want to talk to them 

Need Help? Let's chat.