cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring Previous Referrals.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So long before I had this account, I had another Public Mobile account which has long since closed. 

It had very few Friend Referrals as i was just getting started with using Public Mobile, however i referred one friend who has stayed loyal ever since and never left, she was even on the old rewards system up until just recently.

I believe I used the Friend Referral Code of my old account when helping set them up(years ago), however since that account no longer exists I am not being credited for her referral anymore. 

I now have a new Public Mobile Account, and I am wondering if I can get her referral back (have my new Referral Code applied to her account) to be able to get 1-point per month on my new account, since I am still technichally the one who originally referred her?

Sure, she doesn't get and won't be entitled to the $10 Friend Referral Credit again if this gets applied, but could I still not be rewarded for bringing her here?

I've never tried 'Chasing an old Referral' down before, as I don't even remember who else i referred in my earlier days but since this lady is still with Public - originally from my referral and shes not going anywhere, i really want that 1-point per month. 

I've even considered asking her to switch to another Provider for 30-days if i pay her bill there, just to come back with a new account and use my new Friend Referral Code here again, but i don't want to be pushy with her. It would be easier if it could be changed/applied to her current Public account.. Since the Referral code she used before, if we even used one was for an account that now no longer exists.

3 REPLIES 3

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If forgotten though, as long as it's within about a week of Activation CSA will be able to apply one to your Account if you message them directly with your details and the Friend Referral Code you'd like to use. 

Take this with a grain of salt, success may vary but I've had cases where that's not been an issue. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Priority  No sorry if she had the $10 credit from before off your old account . She cannot add your new one now . So you say she was on old rewards until recently ? Did she switch by accident to new points ? If so she won’t have much in the way of old rewards to loose now to take you up in the offer of leaving and coming back on your new code . But the money and effort would take years to recover after paying  her month of service somewhere else and two new SIM cards . Not worth it in the end anyways 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Priority 

sorry, cannot change the code linked to referral code.  It is entered one time at the activation.  😞

Need Help? Let's chat.