cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore old phone # - Having issue receiving two-step verification code

Morteza_25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My phone was stolen while traveling in Brazil, and I am trying to log in to my Apple ID account. But I don't have my Apple ID gmail on my computer, and in order to login to that gmail, Google sends a verification code to my previous phone #. The provider of my previous phone # was Public Mobile. Is is possible to restore that # so I can receive the verification text somehow? I tried calling that phone # just to check if it's assigned to anyone, and apparently, it is not on the network.

Please let me know, this is really urgent!

Thanks,

Morteza

12 REPLIES 12

@Morteza_25 

That’s probably part of their ‘process’ to ensure you’re not someone trying to utilize the Apple account for nefarious reasons.

But yeah, it sucks.

@Morteza_25  Yes I agree it is stupid I had an issue like that once and went  through the account recovery process and to no avail I just had to make a new Apple ID . But some it actually works for best of luck 🤞 

Morteza_25

Yes, as I mentioned I have made that request and it's being processed.

But it's just so stupid that I have to wait 24 hours to hear back from Apple Support. I also talked to Apple on the phone and they said account recovery might take up to 72 hours!!!

@Morteza_25  You will have to account recovery with Apple in that case as @HALIMACS suggested as long as you know the number that you started the Apple ID with they should then be able to update it to your new number 

Morteza_25

Yea apparently that's the only way. 

I also contacted Fido (my current provider) and they blocked all services and all international services on the phone using IMEI #. But still waiting for Apple's response.

Oh that's beyond getting back, @Morteza_25 

Apple is the way to go here.

🙂

Morteza_25

No it's a pretty old Public Mobile #. I had it around two years ago.

Good for starting the process @Morteza_25 

As @Handy1 wrote, is this a recently active Public Mobile number, or one from some time ago?  i.e. within 90 days of being active, or beyond that ??

Morteza_25

Thanks a lot for you reply.
I did this already, and apparently it take 24 hours for them to response. Still waiting!!

@Handy1 

As the OP wrote, "The provider of my previous phone # was Public Mobile"  i took that to mean it's not an active service with Public Mobile.  

Unless your presumption is correct, I feel they have no recourse with Public Mobile, or any mobile service provider, for that matter.

I believe contacting Apple for an alternate means of verification may be they're only option here.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That is highly unlikely @Morteza_25 if your phone number is not currently active.

You will have to contact Apple directly to utilize another verification method, and update the phone number for this 2FA purpose.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Morteza_25 Get a new PM SIM card from Telus /koood store or order from Amazon and get support to SIM card swap the number for you to keep the number and plan so long as the phone hasn’t been suspended more then 90 days or the account will be closed 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.