cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved SMS and iMessage Issue with New SIM Card

SofiaKov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All,

I wanted to share a recent experience that my husband and I had with our SMS and iMessage services, in case any of you encounter a similar issue. We were having trouble sending and receiving SMS messages and iMessage was not working properly. We tried all the troubleshooting methods mentioned on the community website but had no luck in resolving the problem.

We decided to submit a support ticket, and after a few hours, we were able to work with a Telus agent who identified the root cause of the problem. It turned out that the physical SIM cards we had purchased from Amazon were the cause of the issue.

Following the agent's advice, we ordered new SIM cards, and once we received them and activated them, both SMS messaging and iMessage started working perfectly.

I wanted to share this experience with you all to bring awareness to potential SIM card-related issues and remind everyone that reaching out to customer support can be very helpful in resolving problems.

3 REPLIES 3

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@SofiaKov - Nice to hear that! Glad it was a faulty SIM and not a faulty device.

SofiaKov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had a full refund of my 5$ from public mobile when I reordered SIM card.

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@SofiaKov - So did you get that $5 PM SIM card off of Amazon?

Glad they found out the issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.