cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset password

Cylons
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It’s always the same problem, I have a problem logging in and I need to change my card information. It’s like something changes my password each time. I’ll have to change provider if it doesn’t work. I like public mobile, but, Simon can’t help me anymore. 

18 REPLIES 18

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Cylons 

if one doesn't login into their account within 90 days the accounts credentials are deleted. 

to reset the password successfully the key is to open an incognito or private tab after resetting the password and then entering the new password to login

I am a little baffled by my experience.  This phone is newish and it's the first use in the self serve.  It's not like there's anything to cache from the past access.  The refresh only worked for certain things.  I could not shake the $120/90 day plan information with refresh.  Actually for me a bigger annoyance is the need to constantly login to the community on mobile. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I have an account with Telus and it looks like the same effect. The interminable time it takes to load in the information. Like the "bill" items. Or the front page with those circles. This is not local to the computer or browser.

Or the simple act of refreshing the screen. Anybody would use the browser refresh to refresh the screen. Not here. It doesn't do the job. The spinner icons or incognito. No. That's all server side. See your meter counter. Use a feature. Refresh. No change. In either incognito or normal using the browser refresh. ONLY the spinner icon or a re-login. NO other site that I use has these kinds of difficulties.

I can adapt to this because I've learned to. But you simply can not expect every customer to have to learn this fact. It should just work as one would expect it to. Like every other site.

@will13am now yiu made me wonder if the whole cache thing is OS related  or browser brand related. 

I have been good with Edge on windows.  I wonder if  accessing on iOS might have a bigger chance of the cache issue?   Or is it a problem with mobile phone and if it is lesser a problem if access from computer??

Up until this past week, I would say my experiences are 100% the same as yours.  I am managing 6 different accounts.  However, I am on the road at the moment and so I did a login on chrome mobile for the very first time in this particular phone and the cached data issue happened.  I had to use incognito mode to get around the problem.  So the issue can and does happen from time to time.  I am sure it's being looked into given the amount of discussion in the community.  The solution might not be so straightforward. 

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

And I'm not saying that people are not having issues, obviously they are. But if something is locally stored, that is NOT Public Mobile issue. There are many browsers, many devices and things could be problematic. But saying that PM is guilty for those issues, is a bit too much. Also, when signing up, customers should know what they sign up and be ready to deal with it rather than just looking at price. How many times I see 'I want to talk to human'?? Or I forgot my password? Or I don't know email I registered? and so on.. It is always somebody's else fault rather than ours, customers.. 

In the beginning of the new My Account upgrades I did have much better luck logging in through incognito. But for months now, I tend to agree with you @Camera4617 I never had an issue now on laptop or mobile, and do not need incognito any longer.

I do wonder what the differences are with their situations from one member to the next and what could cause so many issues. I mean really for years now, I've seen the incognito mode suggested over and over. So it's not a new thing, just something I haven't had to use for some time now, and I'm in and out of some of My Accounts often.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I’d say lower than low priority.

We’re an itch on a goosebump.

I think the reason they are different site was that initially when My Rewards site was site up, it was hosted on Telus server, the old My Account was not (or at least on a legacy Telus server) which they weren't able to combine them together.

I believe with the new My Account is back on the same Telus servers like My Rewards, it should be less challenging to combine them back in one site. Maybe it is now in the work, or maybe they just need more budget to finish the unfinished.

Camera4617

It is using the same login info so probably it is going through the same authentication process. After that, I'm sure they could merge it if they wanted. They just did it in phases and we might be 'low' priority for Telus. I work in IT field so I have knowledge about it. 

@Camera4617 

It’s separated because the public points program is adopted from the Telus points program

it’s unlikely Telus is going to create a separate system for public points, as it already has one built for Telus

Camera4617

I am reading a lot here about cache and using private window. I'm not sure where that is coming from, but I never use it and I never had problems with logging in. I use it on multiple devices and it always works. Nor I ever had problem with any other parts on the site, so I can say that site is not 'broken' as many state. Cache could be case in some scenarios when something gets corrupted, but not always and no need to clear it all the time. 

Password always works for me and I login for 5 accounts from the same place. Never had problem. Site works pretty well and the only 'problem' for me is separate login for 'My Account' and 'Rewards'.. That part makes no sense to me why it is separated and I hope one day they will merge it together.. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Cylons 

Are you login on your phone?

If you use a laptop or desktop and go incognito, you shouldn’t have any issues.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Cylons 

If you're using a device with stored/remembered credentials, sometimes when these autofill, the device also attempts to automatically log you in. 

If your device does this, do not tap the sign in button while it is trying to log you in as it will deliver an error message every time and appear to not let you login.

It's a royal pain in the a55, along with other things related to self-serve caching, yet PM continues to let this slide.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cylons any chance you are using browser saved password?  and any chance yiou are also a Telus customer with a Telus account login??

And keep in mind, ALWAYS use Incognito mode to login My Account 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This appalling debacle of a site continues to take more victims. I'll say it again, the company has no interest in keeping this show going. They're driving everybody away to shut it down. Then they'll whine to the feds that well we tried to have a low cost alternative but people wouldn't use it. Oh woe is us. Just let us continue gouging everybody in our main brands and we'll be nice corporate citizens. Uh huh.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Cylons  Try again incognito mode there cache issues if after resetting password you still can’t log in contact support help you get access to your account again and update cc 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Nobody is changing your password.

Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

After changing password (if you REALY have to) wait 20-30 min to try to log in again. Change does not occur immediately.

Need Help? Let's chat.