cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting record of phone used on my account

borromeo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I need to get a record of the phone that was being used on my account, including IMEI/serial number if possible. How do I request such a record? I recall we used to be able to see what phone is used on the account in the old self-service portal, but I don't see that info listed any longer. I painfully submitted a support request but have not received any acknowledgement or response.

12 REPLIES 12

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@borromeo 

My Telus prepaid account used to show that.....IMEI and Phone Model. Then they stopped showing it. I am sure it comes to them once a SIM is installed into a phone. Ask a CSA. 

@borromeo 

I don't believe that public mobile portals ever displayed specific device information other than associated SIM card on the account.

Perhaps you're thinking of other providers, such as Koodo, who does display that information. (at least they did for me when I was with them a few years back)

borromeo

Thanks, good idea to retrieve the serial. And maybe I can use that to show proof that the mobile was being used. But my insurance company is specifically requesting proof from the mobile carrier that the phone was being used on a network.

borromeo

@HALIMACS 

Thanks, I see those details. But I'm looking for the phone details. Didn't the old account portal show the model of phone that was being used? Maybe I'm confusing it with my US carrier but I thought Public Mobile listed those details too.

borromeo

The reason is that my phone was stolen and the insurance company wants me to prove I was actually using the phone. I have the phone box but they are requesting a statement from the mobile phone carrier that shows the phone was being used on my account.

I'm certain I remember that in some place on the PM user portal, it said the model of phone I was using. At least if I had that, I could provide something instead of nothing. But with the new PM interface, I don't even see that option. I have some old account screenshots. Will need to find those files and see if it's on there somewhere.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @borromeo   and look for the original box, it will have both the IMEI and Serial numbers there (yes, I keep all my boxes. LoL)

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I doubt if you will be supplied with serial numbers. 

But there is a potential to find some web sites that will provide serial number from IMEI information. 

You have a very curios request. May we ask what has precipitated your request?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@borromeo   Check Settings -. About on your phone and you have half all those information

If you don't have the phone with you , try the following sites, if you can login, they will have the IMEi and possibly the serial number (but why you need it now?)

Apple: https://www.apple.com/ca/icloud/find-my/
Google: https://myaccount.google.com/find-your-phone

Samsung: https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@borromeo 

Can you provide a bit of details why this information is needed?

You can see the associated SIM# under self-serve, if that helps.  Go under your Profile tab on the left and hover your curser over the SIM card details.

Aside from using any Lost/Stolen feature (if that's the issue), Google and Apple and Samsung also have various levels of finding your device as well as locking out devices and placing messaging on the devices lock screen remotely.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Here is what I know. When I was on Telus prepaid and logged into my account it would show the current IMEI number of the device currently assigned to the account. I believe that PM does as well and some how it comes from the SIM card. I know this for sure when on Telus when I switched phones on my Telus account and verified IMEI before and after. But if you are looking for a call log of individual calls listing your number/IMEI, I doubt it. But perhaps they could give you a list of IMEI numbers on your account by date/time..

Is some one allegedly snitching your SIM and using it?

Is your number being spoofed? 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Log in to your account and you can get a Usage History for a period of time. There's only 1 phone number associated with your account. Using a different phone means you've removed sim form phone and installed it in a different phone.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @borromeo 

No , the My Account never have those information as far as I remember

You lost your phone?  you can easily get those from your phone's About screen

Yes, you can submit ticket and try to ask , but PM agent might or might not help.  Check your Community inbox for their reply

if you need, message them again

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.