cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to add on US Text, Talk and Data (Roaming) for US starting the morning of Aug 16, 2022

Garvey3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I called 611 to do an add on and was told in an automated message to do that online. Are you able to help me with the add on for 5 days in the US (text, talk, data and roaming)? It previously cost $20.00.

Also, recently, I have been getting MMS messages here in Toronto via text -- that must be downloaded and these MMS message do not consistently download/open. I don't know if this is tied to a Public Mobile service/infrastructure change. 

Thanks,

Debbie

5 REPLIES 5

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Whereabouts are you going in the US? Buyer beware, many of reported not so favourable experiences with the roaming add on for the US (mostly due to their 3G shutdown) So it seems to be very hit and miss and sometimes not functioning at all. You may want to look into other alternatives such as voip or stick with the add on, just be prepared for a plan B potentially

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Garvey3 

All add-on U.S roaming 10 days package. purchase it when you visit U.S,

you can purchase by call *611 see how in photo

use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page and go to Plan & Add-ons

U.S. Roaming (publicmobile.ca)

after added in your account just do rebooting device.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@Garvey3 wrote:

I called 611 to do an add on and was told in an automated message to do that online.

Keep listening until you hear the options as shown in the diagram provided.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Garvey3   You can buy add-on via *611, too.  You just need to first load enough money.  Then go back and buy the add-on you want

Here is the menu when you use *611

use 1 Make Payment to load $20 first

then go back to use 2 To buy Add-on, 3 Roaming 

611_FullMenu.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Garvey3   All add-on are sold in 10 days period and cannot be longer or shorter.

Also the 10 days, 240 hours , time start counting from the moment the add-on is successfully purchased.  You can purchase the add-on yourself at My Account

For MMS message, make sure you have mobile data enabled.  

Need Help? Let's chat.