cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for mobile invoice with current residing address

Sheet123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Team,

I have been using Public for 2 months now, after moving to Canada.

I am in the process to apply for some official documents for which i need proof of address and residency in Ontario.

I would need a mobile bill with my current address on it.

@CS_AgentKindly, help me get this processed ASAP as it is urgently needed for applications.

Happy to provide more information regarding the same.

Thanks,

Sheethal VS

7 REPLIES 7

I think it comes down to credit. To get a postpaid plan requires a credit check and the vendor to choose to proceed with you based on your credit. Do immigrants have sufficient recognized credit to get a postpaid plan? So this place is prepaid. No credit check. You can have any name and any address, it doesn't matter. Just keep pre-paying. The receipt available from here will show what you put in as a name and address. The name and address requirement of whoever you're giving this to may not notice or care and accept it. But it's not proof of anything.

HI @Sheet123 

it's not a "sad", just there are two types of carrier, prepaid and postpaid.  Postpaid will need some kind of verification to open an account.  But problem is it is not new immigrant friendly.  With Prepaid, anyone have a credit card, or even Prepaid credit card can open account, it is perfect for new immigrants

With your address proof, you can try to use PM still, some might not care prepaid or postpiad.  

Sheet123

Yes but most mobile services other than public i assume provide a bill with the residing address. The fact the public mobile does not verfiy and provide bills with the address is a sad.

Sheet123

I tried to get a lease agreement that included me as a co-occupant with my partner but the property manger refuses to add my name in the lease agreement as it was done before my arrival to canada.

PrizmalEDM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do you perhaps have any other official documents that you can provide for proof of address that isn't Public Mobile?

@Sheet123 wrote:

I have been using Public for 2 months now, after moving to Canada.

I am in the process to apply for some official documents for which i need proof of address and residency in Ontario.

I would need a mobile bill with my current address on it.

Unfortunately, Public Mobile doesn't provide anything that would be considered proof of address as Public Mobile does not check the address that it given to them.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sheet123 

don't think your PM account would qualify as proof as no credit check req'd for PM activation.

Need Help? Let's chat.