cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replying to private messages

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hey I vaguley remember a topic similar but could not find it.

is there an easy way to reply to private messages and include the original text?

i try to copy and paste some of the past messages but really even that is not ideal esecially when we are a couple messages into a discussion

9 REPLIES 9

Mistydchase84
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need help i bought 5 sim cards through u guys and only 3 are working 

SD08

@MarieHelene_L wrote:

@mimmo

Even if you create a new message it will appear in the same thread for us! 

It's a bit hard to explain but basically, we can manually decide when a conversation ends. When a customer's issue is fixed and there is nothing else to add, we will mark the conversation as closed. Any messages this customer sends us after that will come in as a new conversation - so it's totally out of your control!

But we still have access to the conversation history and can always access previous exchanges if needed 🙂

I hope this makes sense!

Marie

Thanks for this explanation, Marie.  This is good to know.  Smiley Happy

As for quoting when replying in a private message, I generally do it for my own record, as I prefer to have as complete a conversation as I can in one message.

I have never noticed it before as well.

baijuxp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Luddite wrote:

There is a "quote" button that appears once you hit Reply.

This is awesome. I never noticed it till you mentioned it. Thank you for sharing 🙂

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mimmo

Even if you create a new message it will appear in the same thread for us! 

It's a bit hard to explain but basically, we can manually decide when a conversation ends. When a customer's issue is fixed and there is nothing else to add, we will mark the conversation as closed. Any messages this customer sends us after that will come in as a new conversation - so it's totally out of your control!

But we still have access to the conversation history and can always access previous exchanges if needed 🙂

I hope this makes sense!

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

mimmo
Great to know.

Thanks. Learn something every day. So as long as we keep replying to a thread with mods(not creating new messages) you see the whole conversation.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @mimmo

Just to let you know, us moderators do not reply directly through the community so we are able to see all the messages as an ongoing conversation! Kinda like Facebook messenger or Whatsapp. 

So no need to copy paste previous messages when exchanging with us! But I understand this can be somewhat of a pain if you are exchanging with other members. 

Just wanted to put it our there for everyone to know as you're not the only one quoting previous messages with us Cat Very Happy 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

mimmo

thanks don;t know why i didnt see it before.  i see that  mobile version  doesnt have the quote or maro options.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

There is a "quote" button that appears once you hit Reply.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.