cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat payments - connect bank account directly

MJSchmalz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'd like to make Public Mobile show up as a recurring payment with my bank (required for a nice little bonus) Is this possible to set up with Public Mobile? I only see options for cards. I set it up with the corresponding card and it doesn't meet the requirements.  

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MJSchmalz wrote:

I'd like to make Public Mobile show up as a recurring payment with my bank (required for a nice little bonus) Is this possible to set up with Public Mobile? I only see options for cards. I set it up with the corresponding card and it doesn't meet the requirements.  

Hello @MJSchmalz , sorry, PM does not have the payment method you are looking for.

Here is a Help Article on options for paying for your service:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/voucher-payment-options

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MJSchmalz  Not possible to setup your PM renewals as a recurring payment because as mentioned it does not qualify.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MJSchmalz , Public Mobile is a prepaid service with no contracts.  As such customers are not obligated to renew even though most of us set up auto payment.  Moreover, the payment options do not include withdrawal from a bank account.  

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MJSchmalz 

It’s actually in your best interest to use a credit card, preferably a cash back card so you get money back and an extra 20 or so days to pay it off.

@MJSchmalz As pointed out by @BeachNBeer , plans here are 30 days instead of monthly. This means that instead of a recurring payment on the same day every month, your payment dates vary by a day or so each time the month has 28 or 31 days. I believe this is why the banks/credit cards don't consider it a recurring payment. It is a bank/credit card issue, not PM.

Edited to add: I wonder if you went into your self serve account on the same date each month and made a manual payment with your card if that would make a difference?

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Public Mobile plans are 30 days not monthly. They do not offer this.

Need Help? Let's chat.