cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove and reinstert SIM

Viktorius
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Since I have used an other SIM card than the PM's in Europe and I returned to Canada I am getting this message (see below). I tried Apple CS and it was suggested to contact my provider.Please advise.IMG_0271.1.jpg

The phone is an iPhone 6S.

5 REPLIES 5

Viktorius

I tried and unfortunately your solution is not working.

hi @Viktorius did you remove the European physical sim or delete the travel esim?

Once that is done, go back to you PM sim (on Settings, Cellular screen), set PM sim as Primary and enabke Turn of this number 

You can also go to iMessage settings, remove the phone  number first, reboot and then add it back

Viktorius

The screenshot is with  my PM number. Back in Europe I kept for the FaceTime the same Canadian number in the settings. Even during my travel this message was on my iPhone.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Viktorius 

I been getting the same notice on my iPhone 14 Pro Max for the last 2 weeks. I have a couple of iPhones with no cellular plans that are using the same iCloud account (email and cell number) for FaceTime and iMessages.

Everything still works so I just ignore the notice assuming it is a glitch.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Viktorius 

Is the number shown the one associated with the SIM card you used while out of country? 

If you are no longer using that SIM go into your settings for messages and FaceTime and uncheck the international number from your send and receive option and make sure your PM number is re-selected.

Need Help? Let's chat.