cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remaining on the old rewards program.

Captn001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I read the following. Does this mean that I can opt out of the new program and keep my existing discounts without getting any new rewards as of May 1st 2024? If so, how do I go about this?

Please note: if you remain on the old Rewards program you will continue to earn credits up to May 1, 2024. Any credits earned up to May 1, 2024 will remain on your account and be applied to your future bills.”

4 REPLIES 4

@fixin1 wrote:

@Captn001 - You cannot remain on Legacy Rewards system after May 1st.

Not everyone will be switched over by the end of the day on May 1.  The transition will start on or around that date, but they wouldn't actually be able to change my main account to points until a later date as Public Mobile only gave me 30 days notice on April 15.

@Captn001 

No, you are not "keeping my existing rewards as is and not earning new ones.".  You just get to keep the $ you already earned before May 1st

From today till May 1, you will still earn the old rewards in $ amount, and PM will added that to your Available Funds.  Whatever amount you have on your Available Funds will remind after the reward system change (May 1st). 

After May 1st, you will start earning points.  But if you still have money in Available funds (those you earned before May 1st) PM will first use the money in Available funds for plan renewal until the funds are used up. 

Captn001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Understood. So what does that paragraph mean? I interpret it as keeping my existing rewards as is and not earning new ones. 

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Captn001 - You cannot remain on Legacy Rewards system after May 1st. It is going to be a rainy day for most customers, but a sunny day for PM workers.

All Legacy Rewards customers will get auto transferred to Points or you can opt out of points via contacting an agent - though you will not receive any rewards after that.

The "Credits" are pre-transferred over to points account balances. You will no longer automatically get credits though you can redeem a $15 bill credit once you reach 15 points. It will use that before going to your CC or DC (Credit or Debit cards.)

Need Help? Let's chat.