Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remain Add-ons after I change my plan?

chloe70
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Public mobility 

I want to know that add-ons.

I'm planning to change my plans.

But I have some purchased, holidays,  and one-time add-ons.

Will that add-ons stay at my account so I can use after I change the plan?

Or the Add-ons will disappear because I change the plan?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chloe70 

It was smart of you to come to the community to ask your question and not trust what a clerk thinks the answer might be....the community often knows more than pm employees do! Purchased and gifted add ons stay on your account until completely consumed.

Promotional bonus add ons when activating often have condition that they will be lost if your rate plan is changed. This is almost always true if it is bonus recurring plan data but bonus data add ons are retained on the account 99% of the time. ( I haven't lost one yet!)

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@chloe70    That may just be a generic message that gets displayed as some sign up promos have conditions whereby changing plans may lose bonus data but it does not apply to either purchased or gifted add ons.  So you can safely change plans but are advised to schedule the change for next renewal.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @chloe70   The good thing for PM is that Add-on has no expiry date and won't got removed even if you change plan.  So, the only way  you "loss" the add-on is that you are done using it or you leave PM  🙂

chloe70
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

But when I  tried to change plans at next renewal, the confirmed message said I will loose all remain Add-ons. Also when I asked Clark of in-store where I opened public mobile line, he said I will loose every Add-ons because of the public mobile's technical issue.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@chloe70 

No your existing add-ons will not disappear and will roll over to your new plan.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@chloe70    Purchased or gifted add-ons (excluding roaming add-ons) will stay with your account until they're depleted and will not be affected by any plan changes.

Edit:  BTW, it's usually recommended to change plans at next renewal rather than immediately as PM doesn't prorate or refund unused features of your current plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.