cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Phone Number for transfer

Shaunriching
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do i get my phone number released so that I can transfer it to another carrier. I tried today and it said it was locked to public mobile.

5 REPLIES 5

@Shaunriching 

again, PM does not lock any phone number.  It can be ported as long as the account is active and you provide Fido/Rogers the correct account number.  If you really have trouble porting, you can open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Shaunriching
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeah, I tried to move over to Rogers/Fido because they are the only provider with coverage up north where I work. At Fido they got an error message saying my number was ineligible to port and they said it needed to be released by PM. Didn't remove the sim card.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Shaunriching   The new provider makes the request to Public Mobile to release the number, you need to leave your PM sim in your phone to receive a text message for your authorization to transfer the number.  You reply YES to PM's text message.  Then the rest is up to the new provider.  Have you gone through all those steps and it didn't work?  Your phone should not be locked to Public Mobile.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Shaunriching 

PM does not lock any phone number. You are free to port out your number

Just make sure the account is active.  Login My Account and go to Profile page and get the account number

On the new carrier, provide them the phone number and PM's account number

Brianna182
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can open a customer service ticket through the chatbot on the lower right 

Need Help? Let's chat.