cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding no service for over 30days

Amanda
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
So why is it that I paid for 90days service and I can't make or receive phone calls at all. Please fix this problem or refund my money today this is infuriating and unacceptable I will never recommend this company to anyone
38 REPLIES 38

Hey @Amanda which thread would like us to follow trying to help you?

I thought you said it never worked since July 8?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Amanda
Why would my phone work and the not work and your system said it was conpatable

Amanda
Do you know how unprofessional it is to change your number all the time ? It looks sketchy just like this company

@Amanda Since you can connect to wifi, try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi. You can at least coonect by phone with key people until PM service is sorted.

@Amanda If you can make calls but not receive them then you have indadvertently blocked calls; either from iPhone settings or with an app. Look at Settings >> Phone >> Blocked.

bakedcorn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Outgoing calls are fine but you are not recieving incoming calls?  Are the recieving calls going directly to voicemail?

Have you tried the following settings on your iphone:

1. Turn airplane mode on and off. Tap Settings > Enable Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn airplane mode off.
  2. Check your Do Not Disturb settings. Tap Settings > Do Not Disturb.
  3. Check for any blocked phone numbers. Tap Settings > Phone > Blocked.
  4. See if Call Forwarding is turned on.

As much as I hate to say it the last resort would be restore your phone but unless you are willing to lose all your data, I would not attempt unless you regularily backup your mobile device to either itunes or icloud.  It seems that PM is investigating so let's see what PM responds back with.

PS, I too have lost a few loved ones this year and the list seems to get longer as we age. Unfortunately things tend to get worse when we are already down.  I'm more than confident that PM is doing what they can to resolve your issue as quickly as possible.

Amanda

************* or text or FaceTime audio *************please

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Amanda

Can you please allow at least 24 hours? I will send a ticket to our support team someone will get in touch with you in about 24 hours, can you please send me an alternate phone number where we can reach you?

Please send it to me via private message.

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Amanda
Please don't steal my money public mobile just refund me I am mom I can't afford this

Amanda
The phone does the same thing

Amanda
I can only make calls to Alberta BC and Ontario and no one can call me from anywhere

Amanda
I have tried both phones today same problem

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Amanda, 

I need to clarify something, you have service which is available to you, you are able to use and surf your Internet, send and receive text messages, as for the calls, you need to verify the phone that you are using there is an issue that's coming from your phone and we can see it in our system.

We are able to see that you were able to use your calling service with another phone then the current one you are using, can you confirm this?

Can you please try your SIM card in another unlocked device? 

We are trying to help you at the best we can. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Amanda
I need a phone I have doctors appointment and school start next week and jobs I want my money back now so I can get a carrier that works

@imm1304 Thanks for catching that. We'll tag @Shazia_K so she knows what's up as well.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Luddite!

Mary talked to Amanda on Saturday and gave refund she requested.  Here is a link to the thread: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/I-want-my-money-refunded/m-p/64677#M16306

@Amanda, please clarify if your refund was meant to terminate service or just a goodwill gesture from Mary? 

If you wish to stay with PM, I am confident that Mary or Shazia can set up a new fully functional line for you, as long as you still have one active or unused sim card

I can see Shazia is not currently on line. It's going to take a bit of time so I'd go on with your day and check back from time to time. We'll tag @Mary_M in case she comes in.

I suspect your problems all stem from using an inactivated sim. We'll see. 

Amanda
How long will this take

Amanda
I need a new self serve password

@Shazia_K Can reset your account password; watch for her private messages. In fact, send her a private message with your phone number and your new sim card number. Do you know how to do that?

You new sim won't function until you activate it in your account. 

Amanda
My self serve will not accept my pasword

Amanda
As well I just recieved a new SIM card in the mail and it doesn't work either

@Shazia_K If her 5c worked on PM, are you sure her account is properly configured and active?

@Amanda Did you simply move your PM sim from the 5c to the 5s?

Never heard of your problem. If you can try a sim from a friend that would confirm whether it's a phone or account issue.

Sorry, can't be more help.

If you are willing to try a new number, just log into your self serve account and look for "Change My Number". While in your account make sure it says "Active" and the plan is correct.

There is definitely something weird here.

Amanda
I have tried

Amanda
I have a small child and need to tend to them please fix the service today or refund my money today it is A lot o money to me almost 200.00 I can't keep texting back and forth like this

Amanda
Yes I am sure my 5c was working fine all year with public

Amanda
Yes unlocked why don't you guys just give me a new number and start over there is something wrong with the number

Amanda
Yes

Are you sure they are unlocked? 

Are you transferring a phone number from another carrier?

Have you tried all of the suggestions from Shazia and me?

Need Help? Let's chat.