cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

Squeaky7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like a refund for 36.75 please. I wanted only 1 plan of 35.00 and was charged for 2. I received an error message both times when I tried to activate the Sim card.  Why did it charge me when I received the error message 

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Squeaky7 wrote:

I would like a refund for 36.75 please. I wanted only 1 plan of 35.00 and was charged for 2. I received an error message both times when I tried to activate the Sim card.  Why did it charge me when I received the error message 

@Squeaky7 

Are you seeing these transactions in your self serve account AND your credit card transactions list?

Credit cards companies can show both Pending and Authorized/Approved charges. Sometimes there are multiple Pending charges showing during activations or renewals, but when the payment gets authorized, the incorrect amounts will fall away, then the real one will stay.

If these end up being Authorized/Approved charges and the extra funds are not showing in your Available funds area, then contact Public Mobile Customer Support Representatives (CSA).

There are 2 ways to reach CSA, found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

PeterBridges
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You won't get a refund. I never have so I am leaving Public mobile they are thieves

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Squeaky7 

The first time you activated you did create an account and your card was charged. But your sim card did not provision to your account so it didn't work. Unknowingly you proceeded to try again vs contacting customer support to provision your SIM card to your account. ( How would you know unless you asked the community?) With the SIM card not provisioned it allowed you to activate again and this time everything worked but also charged your card again. If the second plan charge did not appear in your account as a credit then you need customer support to fix that. You can ask for a refund but they can take up to 30 days to process. Instead ask for a credit to your account and it will be used for your next renewal.

Contact customer support and put "double charged at activation" in the subject line and leave a detailed message explaining the issue. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour of opening time at 6am eastern.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Did you get the error code (I think it's 831) that has caused multiple charges when activating the sim. They should be able to resolve that for you whether it's leaving it in available balance or refund. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Squeaky7 

Have you been able to create a self service account or call 611 from your phone to see if the extra payment is in Available Funds? If it is you can leave it there and it will be used automatically on the next renewal date.

If it is not contact a CS Agent about a refund.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.