cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund payments

JJang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recently, I was abroad for two months, from July 7th to September 8th. Before my departure, I deactivated my account for payments, expecting not to incur any charges for those two months. I did not use my phone during this period.

However, payments were still deducted from my account while I was abroad. I'm not sure why this happened. Is it possible to get a refund for these payments?

8 REPLIES 8

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hopefully you took a screenshot as proof to help your case. BUT...  a CS Agent SHOULD be able to see your usage and tell you weren't using your phone. However since this is a pre paid service, that's a tough call. I wish you luck.

JJang

Thank you very much.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JJang 

use this link to send a message to CSA asking to investigate plan payments even though you disabled autopay...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JJang

Yes, I turned off the 'Subscribed' option, and I didn't have any money in my funds. I just checked the current subscription status, and it still shows as 'Subscribed.' That's very strange.

Jeez, if this place still charges even after turning off the subscription (autopay) then I just don't know what to think of this place and their payment system. Oh wait, yes I do 🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JJang  Did you turn off auto pay ? (Subscribe) if so did you have $ in available funds ?

JJang

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I believe I removed the 'subsciption' on the Public Mobile homepage.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

HOW did you 'deactivated' your account?

If you did not remove 'subscription' (autopay) charges would continue.

You can talk to agent but I doubt they would refund you.

Need Help? Let's chat.